1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Dont you guys feel like beating the $hit

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2013, 06:30 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default Dont you guys feel like beating the $hit

The turd sack that designed our fuse box. I am sick and tired of a 5 second fuse replacement taking up to 30 mins because I have to snap this retarded peice of **** that might catch on fire into this peice of **** peice of plastic that has the integrity of a egg shell just to have gravity take a dump in my face and pull the fuse box out again. God wtf was dodge thinking when this got the OK. What have you guys done to fix this turd please be as detailed as possible. I have called painless numerous times and beged them to make something but they wont listen

Old 01-08-2013, 07:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

I just tied mine up with cable ties. Never had a problem after that.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:21 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's so much bullshit up there it just gets tangled and kinda stays. I'm sure an insurance claim is around the corner

Old 01-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by hydroshok
I just tied mine up with cable ties. Never had a problem after that.

Ditto that...Oh, what a tangled web they weave, when they put fuse-boxes into some trucks.

Old 01-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mine falls out every day haha , i guess ill try zap strapping it on tomorrow

Old 01-08-2013, 11:32 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by geddy's uncle
Ditto that...Oh, what a tangled web they weave, when they put fuse-boxes into some trucks.
Nope just 1st gen dodges Ive seen hundreds of fuse boxes and this is the biggest piece of **** by a landslide and the only way to fix it is a Afro engineer zip tie, thats retarded. This dodge wiring makes me want a fummins so bad. Since there is no real fix maybe I can get the name of the turd sucker who designed it.

Old 01-10-2013, 03:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't even know where.my fuse box is supposed to go.can somebody post a picture? And I'm seriouse

Old 01-11-2013, 02:00 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

the plastic piece under your steering columb. it clips into that n mine says no problem. This crew cab I'm building is wired so it's under the hood now instead.

Old 01-13-2013, 09:31 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Go to Lowes, get a piece of plastic that spans that area where that Knee Bolster attaches, leave that piece of brittle crap off.
Replace with plastic that is wider, drilling 4 holes and mounting with 4 #8 black interior screws with washers, they're self tapping and are really metric. All the car parts places have them. They're from Dorman and have 6 to 8 screws in the pack. Over at the help you rack by the fasteners.
Drill a couple of holes into your old fuse block. mount it centrally onto this piece of plastic. Mark your drilled holes onto plastic. Drill then out small pilot holes.
While in the Lowes store, there is a place in hardware that has hard to find nuts and fasteners. Get 4 #8 self tapping furniture nuts. It looks like a nut thats threaded on the outside, and also has threads on the inside.
Insert the allenwrench into the mouth of this nut and screw the 4 nuts into the plastic where the small 4 holes are that you drilled. Run 4 long #8 screw thru your fuse block into the furniture nuts. Cut off the excess threads with a pr of diagonials.
Flip the plastic piece over, so the fuse block is toward to steering column, and fasten it into place.
The new plastic piece will now flex a little and not break should you hit it.

OH, before you mount it in place with the fuse block attached, go get a can of PlasticKote from Krylon, to match your dash or just black.

Done.

Last edited by Screamin' Metal; 01-13-2013 at 09:40 PM.
The following users liked this post:
That93Guy (01-30-2013)
Old 02-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by 1993firstgennewbie
Nope just 1st gen dodges Ive seen hundreds of fuse boxes and this is the biggest piece of **** by a landslide and the only way to fix it is a Afro engineer zip tie, thats retarded. This dodge wiring makes me want a fummins so bad. Since there is no real fix maybe I can get the name of the turd sucker who designed it.

*bup-budup-dup-bup-bup-budup (news alert noise) * "This just in..... Turd Sucker has filed a restraining order against 1993firstgennewbie; film at 11! We now return you to your regularly-scheduled internet."

Quick Reply: Dont you guys feel like beating the $hit