1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

Fuel screw caps...

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Fuel screw caps...

Allright, so anybody who followed the saga of the new injector pump last month knows I have a factory fresh pump. That recall got me a new pump, but lemme tell you, Georgia Chrysler Dodge is a pain in the *** to deal with. They actually screwed up the first "new" pump and had to install a second pump. Actually, by then, I was so pissed that I paid out of pocket to get the new pump installed by "my" guys, who managed to get it right the first time. (Really, how hard is it installing a pump if you have the right tools and an afternoon? Answer - not very). Anyhow, now I need to go about re-doing all the mods I had done to the old pump. So dumb question number one - Whats the best way to get the damned locking caps off the fuel screw and idle adjustment screws? I know I have seen it on one of the videos out there, but the video I saw did not have the pump on the engine... and there just has to be a better way than vise grips and wrestling it off, right? Is there some secret "easy" way? I know the lock ring on the fuel screw is a moderate pain, but the caps look to be a real pain in the butt, or some really silly, easy thing that I don't know. Any suggestions?