1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Rotary Injection Pumps

what would happen if.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2012, 02:06 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what would happen if.....

im goin to perform a kdp fix on my 92 before i get her up and running again. the pin as far as i know hasnt been fixed yet on my truck. what would happen when i get in there the pin is sticking out and i just remove it all together? my other idea is for the fix, i have a small piece of 3/16 plate i plan on drilling hole for the bolt to fit through then leaving enough sticking off the side to cover the dowel pin's hole then grinding the piece down to where it fits the bolt like a washer only with the tab hanging off to cover the hole. everyones ideas and opinions please thanks

Old 10-06-2012, 07:29 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 434 Likes on 356 Posts

You can make your own tab like you said or even easier just ake a punch and stak the edgesof the hole so it can't come out. Lctite all the housig bolts while you're i thre, tey can wreck stuff just like the dowel pin.

Old 10-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 41 Likes on 40 Posts

on the 1st gens they are more rare to come out the 94-98 p pumps as p-umps vibrate more nether the less doesn't hurt to do it. On the 1st gens you gotta make a step in the tab. Also if it's sticking out take a punch n a hammer n tp it back in the casing bolts are not designed to align the timing gear casing the kdp however is. But yes like stated locktite the case bolts.