12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

95 12v intermittent chugging and missing

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012, 08:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 12v intermittent chugging and missing

About the truck, I bought it in October, its a 95 2500 and has about 194000 miles on it. I Ground the fuel plate to a #100 and put a 4inch turbo back exhuast on it. It always ran great, I never had any issues with it. A few weeks ago I shut it off and whent to start it a while later, and it didn't fire right up like it normally does. As soon as i touched the trottle it fired but kept chugging and missing bad, it wasnt smoking at all and every time I let off it died. After a couple of minutes of doing the same thing it smoothed out and ran fine. Wasnt sure what the cause was and changed the fuel fitler. Thought that did it, drove around a while and didnt miss a beat once the fuel system was primed, but after eating supper I came back out and did the same thing. I removed the fuel heater assembly, but it still occaisionally does it then works its way out of it. She normally fires right up. On my way home the last night and had my foot in it and after cruising around 70 75 for a while I felt it start missing then let off n kept it running a little before letting it die. After cranking the motor for a while it fires then kinda lopes then smooths out and runs great again. I fugured it was sucking air some place but I really have no cule what to do. It is really frustrating because it runs so good when its runnin good.

Last edited by Stoecker; 04-01-2012 at 08:55 PM.