12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Clutch bolts

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch bolts

I am converting my 95 cummins to a 5 speed and don't have clutch cover bolts. I need to know what size the bolts are

Old 10-14-2011, 03:19 PM
Diesel Fan

Hey i am right in the middle of swapping and auto to manual on a 95 also. What bolts exactly are you talking about? Are you talking about the access plate on the bell housing,bellhousing bolts,or actually the bolts that hold the pressure plate assembly? I should finish my swap by the morning. I can help you with any other problems with the swap. I dont have a donor truck so i put this all together one piece at a time. Be glad to help in any way.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Diesel Fan

The bolts that hold the clutch cover on the flywheel and can I use u old flywheel bolts on the manual one

Old 10-14-2011, 03:58 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok i understand what your talking about. I ordered a southbend clutch with all the bolts needed. It should be here in a couple hours by ups. I will be able to tell you the exact size as soon as i get it. And as far as the flywheel bolts, are you asking whether the old flexplate bolts from the auto will work for the flywheel? The answer to that is no. They will be to short. Or do you have the manual flywheel bolts and are wondering if you can reuse them?

Old 10-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Diesel Fan

Ok then I need to get manual flywheel bolts because I only have my auto flexplate bolts. What did you do about the transfer case input shaft if you have a 4wd

Old 10-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Diesel Fan

I have the trans case split as of now. Fixing to start putn it back together in a few mins. Its really easy to swap the 23 spline for the 29 spline shaft. All i can say is just pay attention. There are several snap rings inside. thats all it takes to disassemble.I had a lil trouble getn one of the forks out. All i had to do was move the shift linkage on the outside of the case with a crescent and the fork will drop out. If you run into problems just let me know. Whatever you do check the bearings and replace both the input and output shaft seals. They may not leak as of now but you wont be happy down the road if they start and you got to tear it down again.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:11 PM
Diesel Fan

Which size input shaft did you use there is one eBay but it says wide bearing size so I don't know which one I should buy

Old 10-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Diesel Fan

Well thats the scary part. I ordered my input shaft out of a place in fort worth texas. I tried to explain to the parts guy that there was 2 if not 3 different sizes and that i had the measurements on my old one. He told me he did not need that just the case tag number. So my shaft didnt come in this evening like i thought it would. so it should be here tomorow. Knowing my luck it will be the wrong one. When i get it i will let you know which one i got. I think you should measure it , not trust the case tag and contact a dealer. Like i said i bet that i get the wrong one. But i will know more by noon saturday. was hoping to get it together tonite. I would disasemble it and measure so you can order with confidence.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

i sent you a pm

Last edited by tow_mirrors_in; 10-14-2011 at 07:18 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-18-2011, 10:29 PM
Diesel Fan

You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your crossmember and trans mount would you. I just got theauto out and waiting on my rebuild kit for the 5 speed but I noticed the mount is way different and what about the 4x4 shifter and linkage how does it bolt up and where to mount it there are no holes on the side of the nv4500 like the automatic did.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:59 AM
Diesel Fan

Idk about the trans mount. I was wondering the same thing. From my understanding you could use the old mount. But i agree with what your saying. I think you can use the auto rubber trans mount but we are goin to have to do something different about the bracket. I got a lil bit behind on my swap but am currently working on it now. I will probly make a bracket for the mount and when i do i will send you the pic. And as far as the transfer case linkage, they are completely different. The auto bolts to the side. What i am doin with my truck is i got the plastic console,shifter boots for the transmission, boots for the 4x4 lever and the 4x4 linkage all off a 2000 truck. I went this route because it looks alot nicer than the floor boots our model calls for. Idk how the 95 models manual 4x4 linkage is. But with the newer linkage it is simple. its a little plate that bolts to your floorboard and a rod. Its a simple design and doesnt take much to make work. Its not that damn massive linkage assembly that our autos had. I got all the above listed parts on ebay for around 200. The name i ordered my parts from was "redlinear" He has alot of dodge diesel parts. Type in this on ebay and it will pull up what im talking about "01 Dodge Ram 4wd 4x4 TRANSFER CASE SHIFTER parts" Hope this helps and let me know what else you run into. I will send you a pic when i get the trans mount done.

Quick Reply: Clutch bolts