12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

interior swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 09:53 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 12v power !!!!
if i were to just find the same 97 dash but the whole thing would that be easier then puttin in one from a 98.5-01, and whats all involved with changing the dash if im puttin the same 97 one in do i have to take the whole frame and everything out or can i just take the plastics off the frame and put them on mine?
Wern't you wanting a new dash frame anyways, cause I thought you said yours was falling apart... but youre going to have to take the whole dash frame out either way unless youre just replacing the top of the dash. The only thing Im not sure on is the connectors between the two harnesses.. I dont know if the connections to everything changed when the interior changed.

Either way I think it's going to take the same amount of time to swap in the same style or the newer style. If you already have the newer style dash I would just look at a few connections and match them with what you have now and see if theyd connect.