12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

MORE SMOKE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2011, 04:27 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MORE SMOKE!!!

I have a dodge cummins 2500 12v. i really want it to roal the coal, but i dont wana do anything that will hurt my truck in the long run. i want to have a thick black cloud thanks....
Cameron

Old 07-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

why black smoke. tune it right and get the hp out of it. just beacuse it smokes doesn't mean anything. it you want smoke take the fuel plate out and roll star wheel ff. do you have any mods now or is your truck stock. like i said tune it right not just for black smoke

Old 07-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

just get a dynomite diesel plate for 150 but rollin coal will get old quik when you need to fuell up its just a huge waste of fuell thats why i like my 1st gen i can either drive it with no smoke or the most smoke in town depending on how hard i smash the loud pedal

Old 07-29-2011, 05:55 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by cumminspower!
I have a dodge cummins 2500 12v. i really want it to roal the coal, but i dont wana do anything that will hurt my truck in the long run. i want to have a thick black cloud thanks....
Cameron
is anything done to your truck yet exhaust, intake, any pump work, gauges? auto or 5 speed? how many miles are on motor? i can give you ideas on how to make power and it will smoke a little. or i can tell you how to roal mortal smoke and your truck wont like you anymore. smoke comes with fuel or not enough air. saying that is the more fuel you add the more air you need in and out such as turbo a cold air intake a bigger exhaust etc. and smoke equals heat if you dont have gauges it could turn ugly quick. i used to want more smoke then anything but after that fun phase i was wanting power with less smoke becuase smoke is unburnt fuel ha ha whats your budget? when we get to the pump part most is all free mods that can add up to 100 or a little more hp still runnin stock turbo. but you will need a air intake a 4 inch downpipe and back if you plan on leaving stock turbo on for a while atleast a boost and pyro gauge. then we can talk smoke if you want to be on the safe side. if you dont want to be safe on drivers side above the pump where your intake horn is that runs into the head . loosten the top bolt enough and pull the intercooler pipe and rubber piece off intake horn and take off

Old 07-30-2011, 02:21 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i wouldnt be surprised if he actualy does try and block off the intake

Old 07-30-2011, 02:43 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 76 Likes on 73 Posts

crank your starwheel, pull your fuel plate... if you have a automatic transmission, be prepared to kiss it goodbye...

but.... it will make your truck quicker... no doubt !

Old 07-30-2011, 05:10 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 28 Likes on 28 Posts

370 marine injectors 191 dvs #5 fuel plate ff afc gutted ff stock air intake it should roll more smoke then a train .................... then call rollback 3 minutes later tell them u need a lift and motor and transmission ha ha

Old 07-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by cumminspower!
Cameron
Put a plastic bag over the air filter. She'll roll the coal then!

Old 07-30-2011, 07:37 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

I won't lie, rolling some coal is fun from time to time but I deffenetly wouldn't start bombing my truck just to make it smoke. Mine used to leave black clouds with light throttle, then I got off my lazy a$$ and tuned it right. Not only did it run a LOT better but the mileage also went up a few mpg. Not trying to preach to you or anything just talking from my experience.

Btw, filling out your sig will help us give you better information.

Old 07-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Turbo delete.

Quick Reply: MORE SMOKE!!!