12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

a/c questions???

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 07:02 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default a/c questions???

Today my a/c started shooting freon out of the back of the compressor(that's where it looks like its coming from) when the compressor surges, it goes pffff, and squirts freon out. Anyone else had a similar problem like this. A/c does not like me, I always have freekin a/c problems fer some reason. Could it be one of the lines?? Probably gona have to take it somewhere. As always any help is greatlyyyyy appreciated!!!

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Sorry, I did forget to mention I stuck about half of a 12oz can of 134 because it wasn't cold enough, is there a valve or something on the back side of the compressor, maybe a seal or something. I can't believe I jackassed my truck, I just got it! I just can't tell where its pfffff'n out. Leave it to me! I will never F with an a/c again!

Last edited by Billy D; 07-20-2011 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-20-2011, 07:17 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

well we see that every now and then... you need a a/c compressor. since you are doing that you might as well do the accumulator too

Old 07-21-2011, 06:19 AM
Diesel Bomber

I'm not sure that I do, there's a blow off valve in the back of the compressor, and that's whats pfffing. I just released some of the air from the LP line and it seems to be ok. I don't know if that's right, but my pressure is at 45 with the a/c on, and it's not pfffing anymore, and the compressor is kicking on n off as it should(at least I think so anyways). My in cab temp is about 68, did I just get lucky as a ****, prolly not, but I'm gona try it out after work. It's gona be a hot b@tch again today, I'm praying it's ok. WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!!

I WILL NEVERRRRRRR F WITH A?C AGAIN AS LONG AS I LIVE!!!

Old 07-21-2011, 06:53 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey dont worry, you are not the only one with that exact problem. back in march i went threw the complete a/c system and replaced everything. The a/c kept the cab damn near freezing and was cycling normal. Just last week i noticed when the truck was at idle and it was around 105 outside it was blowing a little oil and 134 out the back of the compressor. It comes and goes on my truck. i am pretty good with mechanics and a/c system. never seen this before. So i decided that i didnt have time to fix it and took it to be looked at. the shop said that i needed all new a/c lines and compessor. I called bs and drove off. the truck still does it everyday atleast once. but the strange thing is my a/c is still cold as its ever been. i wish you luck on finding the problem. let me know what you find out. in the meantime i will try to figure it out also. we have the exact problem! im to the point of just driving it til it goes out.

Old 07-21-2011, 07:34 PM
Diesel Bomber

My a/c seems to be ok. Cycling fine, still a cool 68 in cab, nothing coming out of the blow by valve, nothing pfffff'n, I guess I'll wait n see I wish you the best as well