12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Im Bummed

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2007, 11:56 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Default Im Bummed

alright tonight im driving down a road that ive never driven down in the dark, probably going too fast for the road conditions, which i was only doing about 35-40, i realized well thats not the road ahead of me anymore thats a stone wall, so i slammed on the brakes and the tires locked up and long story short the stone wall hurt my truck about as much as i hurt it, i got stuck on top of it so i put it in 4wd and backed off of it and got out to find all four control arms bent, my bumper bent, all the fluid pissing out of my shocks, and oil coming out of the oil pan, the front diff cover took all of the impact and didnt even dent, it did push the axle into the oil pan just enough to make a crack in it so it leaks, so now i need to spend some money on parts, im thinking a sport front bumper and grill, i need advice on what type of shocks to get and who makes nice control arms, rancho? skyjacker? also can the oil pan be replaced with the motor in the truck because it looks like it can, also where is a good source for oil pans? im thinking either get one from cummins or get a used one like a junkyard one, right now im pretty upset with myself and any advice would be much appreciated, thanks guys its been a long night

Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

man that sucks, about 2 weeks ago I did some bodywork on my ram thanks to a no license/insurance driver.... the new fender should be arriving from LMC this week, for body/chassis parts look at www.LMC-truck.com

Old 11-06-2007, 05:53 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

LMC is great, I used them for my window molding and have zero complaints. I have skyjacker components on my F-150 but that was more a jacked up show truck then anything else. Long story short I ran out of money to finish building it up into a mudder. They seem to work ok though, it was a daily driver for about a year. As for the oil pan, I would probably try to get a junker, but that is an assumption on how much the stealership will probably charge for one.

Sorry about your luck last night. Hope you are ok.

Old 11-06-2007, 06:59 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts

hey man sorry to hear about this. I would suggest cummins for the pan they always seem to be cheap to me compared to most. you just looking into stock replacement control arms or maybe something nice?

Old 11-06-2007, 08:50 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 492 Likes on 383 Posts

That sucks, bud. Sorry to hear it.

Old 11-06-2007, 09:03 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 188 Likes on 138 Posts

that bites! i almost did that the other day on a road i knew.
i didn't know there was road work going on and they had put up a couple of those cement barriers to block off the road just around a corner (good friggan placde for them)
i jumped on my brakes befor i hit them. scared te crap out of me

Old 11-06-2007, 10:25 AM
Diesel Wrench

yea im ok thanks guys, i found this on ebay its a tough country, 3 inch lift with all the crap that i need minus the oil pan and bumper, obviously, heres the kit, is the tough country stuff any good, it seems to be a really good price

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA:IT&ih=013

i was thinking that with some hummer takeoff 315/70/17's on the chrome hummer rims, anyone think that would look good

as for the bumper do you think i should stay chrome or go white? or get some really big bad *** bumper? and can i replace the oil pan with the motor in the truck?

Old 11-06-2007, 10:53 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have heard mixed stuff about the tough country. If you don't really use the truck for wheeling and stuff it will hold up, but if you actually want to wheel then there are issues. That is all hearsay though, no personal experience.

Old 11-06-2007, 10:58 AM
BOMBARDIER
Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Bummer!!!!

Id say get a bumper you can add some lights in/on!!

what the heck was a stone wall doing on a road??

Old 11-06-2007, 11:20 AM
Diesel Wrench

the funny thing is i went right in the guys ruts that hit the wall last week, i dont wheel the truck i just want it to look good, and its cheaper to get that then to get all the stuff separately, the oil pan is my biggest worry, i dont want to have to pull the motor, as for the tough country stuff now that i think of it, one of my buddys uses only tough country stuff and he wheels the hell out of his stuff and it holds up, so i should be fine