12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Blinker

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Blinker

My blinker won't turn off when i steer back strait have to flip it off manually. Does it both ways. What wrong?

Old 03-21-2010, 12:54 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 102 Likes on 94 Posts

probably the blinder assembly on the steering wheel. when they wear out thats one of their problems. but there are other things in the assembly that it could be as well

Old 03-21-2010, 02:49 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 240 Likes on 192 Posts

sounds like your turn signal assembly needs changed

Old 03-21-2010, 06:11 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Check Rockauto.com for the "Turn Signal Switch"

$46-$84 depending on brand

Old 03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've found that that RockAuto's website can't be trusted as far as what they list for year models or what they list as compatible.

First time I used that site (about 2 or 3 years ago) I ordered a clockspring for my '94 with cruise control (clock springs are very hard to find for a reasonable price, I've discovered). Reason I did it was because my horn quit working and it was up for an inspection sticker. When I got the part it was for another year model. I'm guessing a '98 or whatever year model they started putting the cruise buttons on the left and right of the steering wheel. I rechecked the website after, and the part number they sent me was the part number they had listed for the '94, so clearly a mistake on their system. And it being an electrical part... no returns. I should have called them about it, but we (my dad installed it, he has that puller for the steering wheel.) didn't realize that the cruise wasn't going to work until after it was installed; so I didn't bother with the phone call.

Second time I used them was for an instrument light socket for my '74 Duster (about a month, ago). I've been looking around for one off and on for about 4 years or so. Still haven't found one. They have a listing for one... bought it... was too small. Didn't fit. They refunded me the part and told me not to bother shipping it back. Which was good of them. But they didn't refund the shipping; which happened to cost more than the part, did.

So, I don't trust their part listings and will probably never bother with them again.

Last edited by Threesixty; 03-22-2010 at 03:54 PM.