12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

a few quik ?s

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2010, 11:07 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default a few quik ?s

1) aprox. how much hp can the stock auto trans hold?

2) would a straight pipe from the cat back be worth it ?

and # 3) what are the filter sizes that fit on the stock intake tube ... i know i have seen it some were but cant remember/ find ... part numbers would be great if you have them

thanx for the help

Old 01-11-2010, 11:30 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Mine is strait piped all the way I dont know about from the cat back I know you are in calif so you have to have the cat but I denfinatly love my 4" straight piped not to loud and not to quiet either. As for the filter that fit on the stock intake hose I have a Napa 2790 as for the others I have them on my coumputer at work sorry dont have em here but im sure that someone will chime in with the list of them for ya.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:36 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

thanx alot man ... ya thats the only bummer about cali cars ... epa kills us here ... .. thats one reason i am thinking cat back ... plus a 4 foot pipe with a bend in it cant cost that much ... ... im gana dump right behind the cab out the pass side of truck ... i believe the stock size is 3 or 3.5 inch ... any one know .. havent messured yet .. i just want to bolt it up like the stock cat back so if need be i can just unbolt it and just bolt the stock back up

Old 01-12-2010, 07:24 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Stock auto trans = stock power levels....anything more than that and you are rolling the dice.

Old 01-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

straite pipe it all the way. stoke tranny will hold some but stock tc dont hold much. it will be alrite as long as you dont hammer on it when tc is locked up

Old 01-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wes-cummins
straite pipe it all the way. stoke tranny will hold some but stock tc dont hold much. it will be alrite as long as you dont hammer on it when tc is locked up
hey now i give mine pure hell when tc locked up and nothing! well for about three months and now i have to get a new onegoing with a triple disc and new vb!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM
Diesel Wrench
Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Pull the cat and gut it. Its just some type of ceramic material. Use a long bar and big hammer to beat it out. Then put it back in place.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Diesel Fan

just take it off screw emmissions 4" all the way let em hear that cummins cummin

Old 01-12-2010, 01:59 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

i really want to .. but due to the fact that i live in cali ... and an area were cops have nothing to do ... they give any one with a moded vehicle a hard time ... damn i get pulled over 4-5 times a month in my bug and it only goes out on weekends ... ... doesnt help that its loud as all hell but still ... ... i have goten pulled over in my truck just because he saw my gauges ... and the first thing he did was look under the truck for my cat ... and i dont want to "knock" mine out cuz when i have to start smoging my truck i dont want to have to buy a new one ... but i have thought of runnin straight tho ... i do love the sound ... my neighbors if 5"and its awsome

Old 01-12-2010, 02:15 PM
Diesel Fan

well at least run cat back straight! and pull the silincer ring out sounds good!