12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

still no start,I WILL PAY for your time!

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:58 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default still no start,I WILL PAY for your time!

I am still trying to figure out my no start problem for my ctd 12valve.this down time is keeping me from hauling things and possibly costing me more money from the jobs i could be doing.
I AM OFFERING 100 dollars to anyone who can help me fix my truck or show what is wrong and what it needs to get started.

I will give someone 30 dollars just to show up for an hour.
if you can get it started and running i will give you another 70 dollars,NO JOKE.

I am in the BREVARD county area of florida.
email via personal email for much quicker response tall3oy@yahoo

i have replaced the overflow valve,fuel pump,fuel filter,fuel lines(engine bay/from tank)
cleaned out fuel tank module...added ten gallons of fresh diesel.cleaned fuel bowl.
STILL NO START......argggggggggggggggggggggg
put in fuel guage...goes up to 22psi then to about 10 back upt to 22psi then back to 10psi

100 bux no joke!

Old 11-03-2009, 12:13 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts

10 psi aint gonna get it done on a 12v if i remember correctly, you should be seeing like 30-40 psi of fuel pressure...

Old 11-03-2009, 12:47 PM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

get someone to help you.............first off crack all (if possible) injector lines at the head, then get yer air compressor and a couple rags around the hose to help seal off the air hose into the fuel tank fill hole, then while you are cranking yer truck over have yer buddy blow the tank up with air to help force feed yer system, IF you can get fuel to feed the IP then it will take over and pressure up the injector lines

Old 11-03-2009, 03:12 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

is there fuel getting to the injectors? does it smoke white while turning over? with your fuel press going up and down what is happening when it does that (noises) i know you are just cranking the engine over have you primed the system the whole way? is there fuel at the injection pump? is there fuel coming out of the injection pump? youo may have gotten a bad lift pump sometimes that happens did you look at the cam lobe when you pulled the old lift pump off is it worn badly?

Old 11-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Sounds like it is sucking air and needs the injector lines cracked to assist with the first start.

I would not worry about the pressure your seeing right now until you get the truck running and see what it has at an idle and at wide open throttle.Make sure you have some type of dampening valve in the fuel pressure line or it will pulse so bad you may not get an accurate fuel pressure reading.

Old 11-03-2009, 06:07 PM

I had this same problem when I replaced the rotted fuel lines on my friends truck. I cranked it and it would try to start and then die off. Open all the injectors and pump the hell out of the primer and keep pumping while somebody cranks the truck over and holds their foot to the floor. Then start tightening the injectors starting at the one towards the front of the truck and going back when the bubbles stop coming out of them. Keep cranking and holding foot to floor even after it starts this should keep it running even while being badly airbound. Be prepared for a cloud of smoke the size of a small building, but it should get your truck running.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:42 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

i have the fuel lines after the delivery valves opened.
i put in the old overflow valve in and the guage wont go past 10psi
with the new one it goes to 22psi then back to 10 then up to 22 again when I prime.

So i should have someone prime while i crank?
how long should i crank it?
seems like 30 seconds is what is recommended for the starter at most.

a guy recommended seeing if the torque plate and rod are working?
is thier a link or a write up on this injector pump.
this things seem way to fickle.

i loosen the supply line at the injector pump and prime...i can see fuel squirting out.
i loosent the overflow valve and prime i can see fuel squirting out.

i have bled at the housing till i just see fuel and no bubbles.
i have cranked while manualy holding the shutoff arm up.

i dont see fuel squirting at the delivery valves...should i move the lines so i can see in the dvalves?and look for bubbles?
i had the fuel hose sucking from a jar and it was sucking it down really well,but not as much in the same time span while cranking.

now i had someone come over and hook the fuel line back up and crank and crank and crank
and still no start...

Last edited by will1am; 11-03-2009 at 07:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:47 PM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

sounds like you are primed to the pump then

So are you primed right up to the injectors?

Old 11-03-2009, 07:51 PM
BOMBARDIER
Received 279 Likes on 256 Posts

Im not sure if this is possible but i thought i heard or read about this somewhere else, are you sure you have the delivery valves in the right way and not upside down...

The following users liked this post:
Whit (11-03-2009)
Old 11-03-2009, 08:21 PM
Diesel Fan

it might be ur fuel shutoff silnoid has shot craps on you.

Quick Reply: still no start,I WILL PAY for your time!