12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

CCV Into The Exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 08:00 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question CCV Into The Exhaust?

I tried a couple of different routes with this. I am wondering about going to the exhaust?

I don't want more problems and try to gain less headaches down the road. I am wondering if you run it to the exhaust what are the issues with doing this. I did searching on this all last night and just wondering why more people don't do this? Is this good or bad.

I just want the smell and oil leaks gone......

thanks

Old 10-25-2009, 09:51 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts

whats ccv?

Old 10-25-2009, 09:54 AM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

I have thought of this myself and I see no reason to not do this................my thoughts was to tap into the downpipe right after it goes horizontal down by the bell housing...........my point here is ya would want the ccv to drain and not trap liquids.......very important not to trap here

Old 10-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 12valvetater
whats ccv?
crank case vent

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by Whitmore
I have thought of this myself and I see no reason to not do this................my thoughts was to tap into the downpipe right after it goes horizontal down by the bell housing...........my point here is ya would want the ccv to drain and not trap liquids.......very important not to trap here
right I agree I would just put it in the middle of that pipe so it could drain downward. I was hoping that someone already ran one of these to help us out....

Who knows what to do what to do......

Last edited by hereismylife; 10-25-2009 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-25-2009, 06:33 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

i'd actually tap into the pipe with a "miter" shaped tube; long side facing exhaust flow. this way the exhaust rushing past it will actually act as a siphon; only other problem is the possibility of the exhaust back feeding into the crank case i would think... just run straight pipe

Old 10-26-2009, 10:59 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

why dont you just run it into the intake. that what most cars do. that way all of the oil and such gets burnt up in the engine and the smell and oil leaks are stopped. this way you dont have to worry about exhaust feeding into the crank case and blowing seals and such. but if your set on running it into the exhaust youll have to put some sort of one way valve on it

Old 10-26-2009, 12:35 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

The only place you can put it in on a diesel is right before the turbo. If you put it anywhere else it will always be pressurized.

Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 PM
Site Mascot
Received 940 Likes on 701 Posts

Originally Posted by tower_ofpower
i'd actually tap into the pipe with a "miter" shaped tube; long side facing exhaust flow. this way the exhaust rushing past it will actually act as a siphon; only other problem is the possibility of the exhaust back feeding into the crank case i would think... just run straight pipe
x2

Old 10-26-2009, 04:02 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

They come on the fords ran into the intake. Most people take that out cause the boots, cac pipes, and intercooler will have oil in them then. Also I wouldnt tap it into the pipe if somehow the exhaust worked its way back up there it would over pressurize the crank case

The following users liked this post:
hereismylife (10-26-2009)
Old 10-26-2009, 04:24 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

Pressure wont be an issue running straight pipe but with a muffler I could see issues. I would also worry about creating a CC vaccum and sucking oil out?

The following users liked this post:
hereismylife (10-26-2009)

Quick Reply: CCV Into The Exhaust?