12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Horse Power???

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horse Power???

From what i have in my signature what would a good estimated ***** power be on my truck? I have a few other things too but didnt have enuf room to list all of it. Any help would be great!!

Old 08-23-2009, 11:23 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 157 Likes on 142 Posts

an easy 600+

Old 08-24-2009, 12:08 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 35 Likes on 34 Posts
Old 08-24-2009, 12:04 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

ummmmm ... where to start. Doesn't really sound like you know what your doing. If you have installed all that on your truck and you still don't know your approx hp, you either a) didn't do crap for research or b) had someone else do it.

The horsepower you are making will depend on how well your Pump is tuned. So my question to you is this. Who tuned your pump and did they know what they were doing?

Old 08-24-2009, 12:13 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

IF you can get it to light on a dyno I'd say mid 550's.

12v's are usually not keen on big chargers like you have on a dyno.Couple that with the shower heads you have for fuel and I'd say on a inertia dyno it will be hard to get to go.You may do alot better on a load cell where you could get on top of the chargers and then it may slip into the 600's easily.

I think back to a converstaion I had with John_P about his choice of chargers(62mm over a s400 75mm)and it was determined by drivability.The bigger chargers on his Scheid built motor made more power on the dyno but left alot to be desired while street driving.The smaller chargers which he runs now gave him the best compromise of power and drivability and at over 800hp to the ground,I'd have to agree with him.The 12v's non-adjustable timing while the motor is running,like the 24v and CR motors can,leaves us with little chance of lighting big chargers sooner,thus giving us lag pigs when we use them.

Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Diesel Fan

I havnt had a chance to dyno it yet. Me and the guy that is helping me build it definatly knows what were doing. Two trucks already over 1000hp on fuel with the one 1250hp on bottle. The pump has just been rebuilt and is off one of the truck makeing 1000hp with that pump on my truck we replace it with a custom buil 13mm race pump on the puling truck. Sounds to me like some people don't know what there talking about

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I havnt had a chance to dyno it yet. Me and the guy that is helping me build it definatly knows what were doing. Two trucks already over 1000hp on fuel with the one 1250hp on bottle. The pump has just been rebuilt and is off one of the truck makeing 1000hp with that pump on my truck we replace it with a custom buil 13mm race pump on the puling truck. Sounds to me like some people don't know what there talking about (kazairl)

Last edited by cumminsman95; 08-25-2009 at 08:23 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-25-2009, 10:12 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts

Two trucks already over 1000hp on fuel with the one 1250hp on bottle.
Seems kinda odd to me that no one has ever heard of any 1000hp/1000hp+ trucks ever dynoing from your area.I am not doubting you but when someone breaks the 1k plane for power,it always slips out to the public and is never kept a secret.I do know what I am talking about when it come to dynos and what it takes to make a good showing on them.I have seen thousands of the nations best dyno rides and know what your up against with those large chargers and a dyno.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Diesel Fan

I'm not douting ur knowledge hammer, it was the other gentle man that was tell me that me and my engine guy don't know what were doing when we have had severl high hp trucks come out of the shop. And ur right when there is a 1k truck running around, eventualy every one is gonna know about it. As of now, I know of 4 pulling trucks in bout a 50mi radious of me running 1k hp

Old 08-25-2009, 11:35 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 86 Likes on 80 Posts

everyone is entitled to their opinions; if you know it is true cumminsman than that is what counts... as for me... very little knowledge about dyno's or even HP estimates... but hammer seems to be on the ball with his posts so i'd trust him. if you can change turbo set-ups to spool quicker i'd so it... i'm not a huge fan of lag. big power is great but when you can turn it streetable; that's when you accomplish something. and if he says theres a compound turbo set-up that has supported over 800 with minimal lag... that's what i'd be striving for

Old 08-26-2009, 08:43 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by cumminsman95
I havnt had a chance to dyno it yet. Me and the guy that is helping me build it definatly knows what were doing. Two trucks already over 1000hp on fuel with the one 1250hp on bottle. The pump has just been rebuilt and is off one of the truck makeing 1000hp with that pump on my truck we replace it with a custom buil 13mm race pump on the puling truck. Sounds to me like some people don't know what there talking about

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I havnt had a chance to dyno it yet. Me and the guy that is helping me build it definatly knows what were doing. Two trucks already over 1000hp on fuel with the one 1250hp on bottle. The pump has just been rebuilt and is off one of the truck makeing 1000hp with that pump on my truck we replace it with a custom buil 13mm race pump on the puling truck. Sounds to me like some people don't know what there talking about (kazairl)

ouch. That hurts. All that experience and you don't know what that combo should make?

Quick Reply: Horse Power???