12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Torque converters

Old 02-25-2018, 10:07 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torque converters

hi,
my trucks a 94 auto, What do y'all think about my tranny issue I have a brand new monster tranny with an aftermarket converter and a stock flexplate an heard grinding after about 1,000 miles so I took it apart and the flexplate bolt holes that the converter bolts to are all oblong, and the torque converter bolts are all stripped as well as the converter, I bought a bd flexplate but my question is when I drained the tranny fluid out of the converter I noticed fine metal specs. I do have a 3 year warranty, but do you think I need to send the tranny back to them or just drain the pan and put new fluid An filter? Or is this normal for a new tranny break in even tho they said they broke it in? Also Thor converter reviews?? there's nothing on google or on here about them that I can find.

Old 02-26-2018, 10:10 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those bolts were not tight if I had to guess by the pics. The converter cover is not usable IMO, a local trans shop that builds converters might be able to cut it apart and install a new cover. Metal in the trans is not normal after 1000mi, it could have came from your cooler and cooler lines if it was not flushed before the new trans install. I dont know about Thor. Take a picture of your debris in the pan and send it Monster and see what they say. If you were my customer I would say it needs to come apart and be inspected if the cooler and cooler lines were flushed well.

Search this Thread