12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

np241dhd failure

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 09:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default np241dhd failure

Hello, I used the dodge np241dhd from my donor truck for my 6bt awap into a gmc and recently had a transfer case failure and had a question for anyone who is familiar with this tcase: the failure was the range fork wore out against the range collar, it may have been due to improper linkage adjustment causing constant tension on fork to collar. Now that i have the replacement parts i noticed that the new range collar is a rather loose fit on the range sleeve, there is a snapring but only holds it from sliding off shaft, the collar has more resistance to slip inside the fork with new wear pads than it does to spinning on the range collar which seems odd to me. all mating surfaces look in good shape. Hoping someone could verify if this is normal or not. Thanks.

Old 09-30-2017, 03:23 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

I can't say for sure... you could probably compare notes with other NP241 owners. The DHD isn't unique as far as how the shift fork/collar work.