12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

12v erratic tach and dash lights.

Old 07-29-2016, 09:06 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 12v erratic tach and dash lights.

So about a month ago my trucks tach started jumping on me as well as the CEL, Gen, WTS, and CC green light. It's fine at idle, it blips when I drive though, bumps really throw it through a loop. I unplugged my ess and it just made it where any throttle throws the lights. I'm at a complete loss. Bad ESS? or am I going to be spending hours tracing wires to find a short or bad ground. Also my ABS and brake light are always on any info on that would be great. Thanks in advance . I'm tired of watching it go crazy.

Old 07-30-2016, 04:43 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Could be the dash harness. Hope it isn't.

Old 11-29-2016, 04:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did you come up with a solution?

Originally Posted by Snowballs Chance
So about a month ago my trucks tach started jumping on me as well as the CEL, Gen, WTS, and CC green light. It's fine at idle, it blips when I drive though, bumps really throw it through a loop. I unplugged my ess and it just made it where any throttle throws the lights. I'm at a complete loss. Bad ESS? or am I going to be spending hours tracing wires to find a short or bad ground. Also my ABS and brake light are always on any info on that would be great. Thanks in advance . I'm tired of watching it go crazy.

Search this Thread