12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

47re issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2016, 08:40 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 47re issues

Bought a 97 4x4 12v auto, runs great now, found a loose turbo tube. My issue is that the transmission seems to need a little help shifting gears. Was thinking about adding Lucas or marvel to it and doing a flush. Good bad? Any suggestions? Don't have the funds for a new tranny right now seeing what I can do with what I got is all.

Old 02-27-2016, 08:44 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also 330k on the clock so I doubt it's the original tranny but I didn't get any word from the guy I bought it from.

Old 02-28-2016, 07:16 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

Check the fluid. They get low, they don't shift right. Probably not it, but first thing to check. Next would be TPS cable not hooked up, damaged or out of adjustment. Google "dodge ram tps" and make a big cup off coffee while you're browser grunts. Then there's the TPS itself, which could be bad. Sometimes they can be monkeyed with to get them functioning in spec again, sometimes you have to just bite the bullet and replace them. There is also a kit to eliminate them, it's cheap and pretty easy, but comes with some compromise. Or it may need trans work, which is at least as likely as anything else. In which case, decide what your goals are for the truck and we can tell you if the juice will be worth the squeeze when the smoke clears from how deep into it you have to get.

Last edited by JBearSVT; 02-28-2016 at 07:19 AM.