12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

engine vibration issues

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2015, 09:40 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Slim Whitey
Of that list that you have, my fuel filter is new, my lift pump is 5,000 km old.

I'll check the rubber to metal connections. That's a thought.

I think you're/we're right. It's a fueling issue somewhere, and it's most likely on the low pressure side.
Good good.
A few issues eliminated right off the bat.
As we know, fuel line behind the pump is under a constant condition of "suction". Any air introduced through a line breach interferes with a smooth run condition. And....... Unless a truck which is running a p7100 injection pump is equipped with a turbocharger which produces high enough boost pressure to easily overcome those damn stiff, stock AFC springs, a smooth fueling condition is ill-effected. $50.00 for a spring from TST is way too expensive but the light action works like a champ and becomes worth the price. That with a dialed-in pre-boost screw and the truck is a real road machine; although I don't recall your particular engine components

Old 12-10-2015, 01:08 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bone *** stock beyond mild injectors. Stock timing, stock afc, stock turbo, stock boost....

Stock. Haha.

The rest of the truck is a total Frankenstein monstrosity.
But the engine (normally the MOST modified part of a 2nd Gen ram), is bone *** stock.