12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

witch tranny is better 6 speed or 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 09:37 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default witch tranny is better 6 speed or 5

Hey yall I just came over from idaho turbo diesels bc I have not got any ancers form any one and any thing I have posted so ill come hear for help for now on anyways hears my question im going to do a swap in my 97 cummins from a auto to a standard and I was wondering what tranny isthe best a 6 speed or a 5 I do alot of hauling hay and other heavy stuff also how much and what do I all have to do to switch it over never done something like this also im putting in a #10 fule plate and having my injectors flowed how much more fule will I use and will that get me some smoke bc I hardy get any exsept on take of if I really get into it and I have sean stock 12 valves with a auto tranny put out a black clowed so if yall could help me out that wold be awesome and any pics would help out alot to thanks agen

Old 10-07-2013, 12:09 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's up with the spelling?

There are threads on this topic ALL OVER the internet. Spend five minutes and make it seem like you're willing to put in effort.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:45 PM

U know what now I know y I ******* left this page the first time thought maybe this time people wouldn't be ******** but I gess I was ******* wrong I came hear for help bc no one would on the other shight so I gess I wont be hear ether so go **** off ******* if u wont help it seams like no one wants to help anyone any more they would rather make a big deal out of there spelling I thout this sight was for finding out stuff and helping others I gess not ill go somewhere else I gess **** this sight

Old 10-07-2013, 01:19 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cumminsman9724
U know what now I know y I ******* left this page the first time thought maybe this time people wouldn't be ******** but I gess I was ******* wrong I came hear for help bc no one would on the other shight so I gess I wont be hear ether so go **** off ******* if u wont help it seams like no one wants to help anyone any more they would rather make a big deal out of there spelling I thout this sight was for finding out stuff and helping others I gess not ill go somewhere else I gess **** this sight
i think you need to calm down bud

Old 10-07-2013, 01:34 PM

No I wonte I have done nothing wrong to get my spelling made fun of this is not what this sight is for its to help people with questions about there truck get over it not all people are perfect spellers y point it out itd ******* ridiculous look past the spelling and give a guy a hand thats all I asked for was for help not to get made fun of I put up with that enuf back in high school and I gess people never turn from the asses they r in school they stay a bully so dont tell me to ******* calm down tell that other ***** to get over it and insted of making fun help a person with ideas thus y I left the first time bc every time I posted a question I didn't get help with what I asked I got made fun of

Old 10-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Diesel Fan

I would only suggest that you take the time and look up the words you are accusing me of.

Make fun - subject to laughter or ridicule (make fun - definition of make fun by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)

Question - a. An expression of inquiry that invites or calls for a reply (question - definition of question by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.)

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I took about ten seconds to find this article on Google; Auto to Manual writeup. - Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum.

^That is an auto to manual write up that will give you the basic idea on how to do that job.

It seems as if you left that last site because of an obvious issue, this site is a community where we help others out and can find information to help us out in the process. If you get upset over a simple question, when that is all it was; how can anyone here expect to help you kindly when in any helping aid questions MUST be asked. How can anyone provide assistance if they do not know the exactly information needed by not asking questions.

Maybe you should consider leaving this site as well if you can't get along?

Last edited by AMS247; 10-07-2013 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2013, 01:58 PM

Ok bit It still doesn't matter look past that and just help a guy out and two I use the auto correct on my phone so what it puts I assume that they r spelled right im sorry for the miss spell but I just get so upset about it bc I put up with it all my school years and still do now I wont fix my problem for other people to be happy just forget about it and help I have read lots of post with crappy spelling and I was still able to understand what they wanted help with so all im asking now is to forget about my spelling and help a fellow cummins owner out with a question

Old 10-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Diesel Fan

I am starting to get the impression you just want to vent about life? You hi-jacked your own thread a long time ago. Follow the link of the write-up I sent above pertaining to the Auto to Manual swap. Read it, and then spend a little more time searching, PLEASE. If it took me ten seconds to find that article, imagine what you would find and potentially learn if you spent ten minutes.

Originally Posted by cumminsman9724
Ok bit It still doesn't matter look past that and just help a guy out and two I use the auto correct on my phone so what it puts I assume that they r spelled right im sorry for the miss spell but I just get so upset about it bc I put up with it all my school years and still do now I wont fix my problem for other people to be happy just forget about it and help I have read lots of post with crappy spelling and I was still able to understand what they wanted help with so all im asking now is to forget about my spelling and help a fellow cummins owner out with a question
Oh, I started with a question, and look where we are now....

Last edited by AMS247; 10-07-2013 at 02:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-07-2013, 08:38 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Originally Posted by AMS247
I am starting to get the impression you just want to vent about life? You hi-jacked your own thread a long time ago. Follow the link of the write-up I sent above pertaining to the Auto to Manual swap. Read it, and then spend a little more time searching, PLEASE. If it took me ten seconds to find that article, imagine what you would find and potentially learn if you spent ten minutes.

Oh, I started with a question, and look where we are now....

Old 10-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

You'd be better off with a 1-speed, belt-driven torque converter/centrifugal clutch, and power by Briggs and Stratton. You won't even need a fule plate. (guess if that misspelling was intentional or not)

Quick Reply: witch tranny is better 6 speed or 5