Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/)
-   -   my cummins build (https://www.dieselbombers.com/12-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-94-98/108256-my-cummins-build.html)

coors_man_2005 03-05-2013 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by olsmokey (Post 993278)
is the frame in a 1/2 ton the same as a 3/4 or 1 ton truck?

the frame alost looks exactly like my dad 00 cummins. im going to run the 1ton axles i have and the 1/2ton leaf springs on the and use the 1ton on front is my plan anyways

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by mytrucksmokesmorethanme (Post 993519)
as far as a g56 and flywheel fitting up to a 5.9..... in essence a 6.7 is a 5.9 just bumped up in displacement to make up for the crap the Govt made the big 3 stuff on their oil burners to make them more eco friendly, im almost 100% sure a g56 will fit up just fine although most of the memories I have of a g56 are painful.. shes a big pig and a pain to rebuild mostly because shes a pig
I found a hood fire salvage 07 ram the other day I almost purchased for 1200 , had a 6.7 burned up in it but I bet the block was ok and I have a good pcm and harness on my bench... but ide rather have a 12v p pumped tbh

the complete truck for 1200??

coors_man_2005 03-09-2013 09:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27312

well got the gasser out. i know this is a slow go but im in the middle of remodeling my house still. have to keep the wife happy so i can keep my projects goin. i know you guys understand that.

coors_man_2005 04-02-2013 07:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Attachment 27449

what you guys thing head gasket seaping the pic is the front pasenger side of the head/ block

Attachment 27450

this is my ht3b its the start to my compound setup i am going to build for this truck

coors_man_2005 09-22-2013 09:43 PM

. The motor mounts mount up exactly no difference. Pedals swapped over exactly I'm still in the middle of this right now but I got the engine set into place today and it looks like a beauty. I haven't changed the axles or springs yet. But surprisingly the front is not sagging anymore with the 1/2 ton springs. I thought it would drive them into the ground. So I thought about running the 1/2 ton springs on top of the 1 ton axles. Just to see how the ride quality is and how long they will last before the collapse. I'm building the truck as just a hobby/toy. I can tow with my 08 so this truck won't be tow pig. everything so far has been a bolt and go deal. :c:

IMG_20130922_193822_676.jpg

I will post the pic later my phone is to cool and won't do it

coors_man_2005 12-03-2013 08:03 PM

Finally got another chance to tinker got the radiator inner cooler and all the hoses/ piping hooked up. Hoping for a decent wkd will start swapping axles and get this thing on the road.

4x4manonbroke 12-05-2013 07:06 PM

nice.... ur last pic dosent work...

coors_man_2005 02-25-2014 07:47 AM

Well guys got it fired up and made the first pass around the yard. Still got some minor tinkering to finish up. I guess I have some catching up to do for you guys. I end up using the factory tank and sending unit from the 1500. I just cut the ground wire to the factory fuel pump. I made my own stainless draw straw to feed the fass150. Also on the fueling I installed tork technology's adjustable over flow valve. I didn't get to really go hammer on it but it seems to idle way more smoothly now. Also I had a horrible miss in my higher rpm it seems to be solved now. I will no for sure when I get it on the street. I'm still working out wiring issues. Such as alternator I have it figured out now but i have decided to run an external regulator to do away with the head ache. I'm still working on making the tach,oil psi , and temp. Which shouldn't be bad my plan is to install the gasser temp and oil psi sensors just use brass fittings to make them work

Also forgot to mention I had a drive line laying around that was almost perfect for the 1/2 ton axles. I needed up building an Adapter to make the bolt pattern correct. So we will see how quick I can explode the gasser axles. Didn't want to but I tried to pretty much give them Way and couldn't. So the way I'm looking at it is don't fix whata not broke haha. :up: also even all tcase linkage mounted up from the gasser to the current setup.

Can anyone tell me how to wire up the tach? if anyone has ever messed with it. I know others have done similar swaps. But I have searched and can't find what color the tach wires are that I need to tap into. Thanks guys

coors_man_2005 03-17-2014 09:49 PM

Well guys I have finally got to drive this truck. It drives great with no issues. Only problems I have now is right taillight stays on. The left tail light stays on really dim. And the dome light by the 3rd brake light stays on. And I thought I had the fuel shut off wired right but did it with out looking at a diagram and over heated the switch.

4x4manonbroke 03-18-2014 03:16 PM

that leak could be 1 of 2 things .. t-stat leak or a HG .. mine leaks there too and its a HG leak ... :argh:

coors_man_2005 03-19-2014 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by 4x4manonbroke (Post 1054275)
that leak could be 1 of 2 things .. t-stat leak or a HG .. mine leaks there too and its a HG leak ... :argh:

Yep guess that means we both have some luck ha ha (bad luck):c:

Well I figured out the reason for the cargo light and the tail lights staying on. The dang mice are to blame pulled the 3 red brake light out and mice had chewed the costing of the wires behind the fixture. So I cut the wires down low and folded the back and taped them off until I can fix it right. Also I couldn't get the factory voltage regulator to function. So instead of dealing with the head ache I installed an external regulator. Works great except when I rev it up the lights get brighter. Does anyone have any input there. Thanks a lot for suggestions. :c: