5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

INJECTOR ISSUES?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2015, 08:45 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default INJECTOR ISSUES?

2006 Dodge, running fine then started smoking, un-burned fuel, running ROUGH and shaking. Dodge stealership replaced injectors less than 65,000 miles ago. Lift pump working, replaced fuel filter, cleaned check valve coming out of fuel pump, and replaced Fuel Pressure Actuator/Valve on back of pump. Easy stuff done, still no change. Ohms tested injectors, # 6 tested bad, replaced # 6, still 'missing" and smoking. I still think it's an injector issue, but other than a shop, how can I tell? Any ideas, I'm not wanting to replace all the injectors as a "troubleshooting" method.$$$ Also, if anyone knows of a GOOD diesel shop in the Greenville, SC area let me know, I'm so sick of the Stealerships.

Old 02-27-2015, 09:36 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 77 Likes on 71 Posts

Hi, We can test the injectors for $30 each. Low quality remans can be bad out of the box. You might have a bad cylinder. Testing each injectors will help isolate the problem and you can get a boroscope to look in to the cylinder.