5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 Discussion of 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with Common Rail Injection

Need help

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 05:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help

ok heres the problem when the temp gets below 40 truck will not start, unless I unhook all 4 cables then it will fire up after that as long as I plug it in when the truck is warm it will start the following morning. I already took it to a shop he tested all my injectors cascade valve injector pump and lift pump done a flow back test everything passed, all he found was a update on my pcm took it to dodge they said there was a update for long crank time during cold weather temp updated it and said give it a try. this morning temp is around 39 would not start once angina unhook cables for 20 min and its fires up.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:20 AM
Super Moderator

Received 332 Likes on 316 Posts

Its strange that you have to unhook the cables to get the truck to start. I'm thinking you may have an electrical issue,or an issue with your ecu.

Old 03-18-2013, 05:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All that checked out ok there was one day it was cold would not start came home that evening it was about 55 degrees jumped in it and it fired up really driving me nutsm