24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

PureFlow and FRRP

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 09:12 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PureFlow and FRRP

I Have been seeing people complaining that the ADs and Raptor pumps from pureflow are junk now days. Is this as bad as people are making it. The only fuel mod i have on my truck is a edge drag comp (which i dont turn up since i have no LP) and plan to add 100 hp injector nozzles on top of that after i get a pump. Where do i start..i know the FRRP would be the pump for me but with all these complaints about the motors dying and not holding pressure is making me wonder. Please Help with some input on this

Old 12-31-2012, 09:33 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor
Received 367 Likes on 251 Posts

I had quite a bit of trouble with the airdog. The Fass direct replacement pump works very well! If you ever have plans of bigger power you should plan for it when considering your purchase of a lift pump, maybe consider 95gph or something similar?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Old 12-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Diesel Fan

I looked into the FASS HPFP pump but its $120 more than the Raptor FRRP and right now starting out in college as a freshy i need to stick with whatever will get me by until i get a degree and job.
Ive heard of a Holley Blue or Black Fuel Pump?

Old 12-31-2012, 11:05 PM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor

A blue pump would be ok if you stretched the spring a bit. I honestly think the blue pump would last longer than the raptor. But you may never have a issue with the raptor, it may live forever but God help you if it ever needs a warranty replacement.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:12 PM
Diesel Fan

Originally Posted by mysterync
A blue pump would be ok if you stretched the spring a bit. I honestly think the blue pump would last longer than the raptor. But you may never have a issue with the raptor, it may live forever but God help you if it ever needs a warranty replacement.

I seen where guy said the Holley Blue blew his VP44 up and its not a diesel pump. Ive also heard that the Holley Black has better seals that is diesel resistant??

Old 01-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Check out the DTT Assassin

Luke

Old 01-01-2013, 07:50 AM
Diesel Bombers Sponsor

Originally Posted by DB Admin
Good to have you guys here , And thanks for the suggestions ,

Also dont mind the Visual looks Im still editing the colors ect..

Also this will be set up for the DMD,PSDand tdi guys as well .

Not many forum last too long like that but I think we can pull it off

DM
We've used them for years with the customers unwilling to spend money on anything else. With a gauge you wilk be just fine. Life span of 2 or 3 years?