12 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 94-98 Discussion of 12 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with P7100 Injection Pumps

Best upgrades for 97 12 Valve?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best upgrades for 97 12 Valve?

I just bought a 97 RAM 2500 SLT cummins. It currently has a #0 fuel plate, pillar gauges for EXT temp, Boost, and Trans temp. 4in turbo back w/ 8in exhaust tip. Recently installed automatic transmission (less than 100k on it). Just wondering what you guys think would be good adittional upgrades mechanically. Any suggested accessories would be great as well, of course. I plan to spray in a bedliner and some other minor stuff.

Old 10-28-2017, 06:52 AM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

What has been done to the transmission? If nothing, it won't stay new for long.
A quick look at my signature (which is nowhere near complete) will show that I've done a lot more than most sane people would do to a work truck... and all of the best upgrades I've done were to the transmission.

Old 11-01-2017, 03:23 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice looking JBear... what kind of after market mirrors do you have? Are they adjustable from the inside? Looks like someone took care of that truck for you and kept it garaged. Mine is a 96 and fits the slanguage term others use of "a 50,000 mile truck built around a 1/2 million mile engine". At about 240,000mi, everything around the engine (externally) is falling off or apart and did have to replace the tranny right after I bought it. My rebuild is stock except that it's modified from the factory with better valves and also has pump pressure re-routed so that fluids flow even if in park / neutral. Can you imagine anyone designing a tranny w/o fluid flow when in park/neutral? Anyway, you can read about my WMO mods I describe in my recent post about a fuel pressure issue I'm having that may or may not be a problem. Enjoy U'r cream puff

Old 11-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 59 Likes on 58 Posts

I don't... wait, which of us are you talking to?