6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

Help me with my new to me 08 6.7L ram!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 10:33 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Help me with my new to me 08 6.7L ram!

I`ve only had the truck for 1 week and I have been trying to figure out alot of stuff about this truck. From my research The last owner removed the cat and the dpf and installed a 4" down pipe off or the turbo, and added a 4" lenght of exhaust pipe where the dpf was and keep the rest of the exhaust system intack even the dodge muffler. It still has the egr/cooler . also it has a edge juice with attituded programer. It has the stock cold air intake with a big k&N cleanable filter in it. ? -1 Is a turbo back 4" system or 5" system better? Which cold air intake is best or is the stock one with a better cleanable filter like a afe pro7 better? When I dod the egr/cooler delete I`m leaning towards the H&S, any others I should consider? Also I don`t think this edge will work with the egr/cooler delete , so which tuner is the best? Also is their any other mods besides changing turbos/injectore I shopuld look at doing? Thanks for your help! Any other places to research or links would be helpful! Input on were and whom to buy from also. I`ve been a ford man for the past 10 years and now I`m back were I belong a dodge man. Thanks!!

Old 06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

4"-5" exhaust just preference if you ask me some say the 5" is a little deeper. I have 4" and think it sounds great. Don't think you will see a noticeable difference in performance. Big K&N filter just fine. H&S egr delete is fine I think they are all about the same. H&S, Smarty or EFI Live all good choices. Fass or Air Dog fuel pump kit and a fuel filter delete to remove old one. Head studs a great idea. If you do upgrade turbo and injectors look into beefing up the tranny if its an auto or clutch if standard.
Have fun.

The following users liked this post:
Loghomeman (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 02:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'd be removing that K&N filter and trashing it. The stock paper filter does a better job, and chances are seals better to the airbox than that K&N one does.....

The following users liked this post:
Loghomeman (06-07-2012)
Old 06-07-2012, 03:35 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yea I know the k&n stuff is not very good. I was trying to get input on which is better a complete after market cold air intake like a s&b, afe, ect., or just adding a larger drop in filter like a afe proguard 7. Thanks for the input!

Old 07-29-2012, 12:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Loghomeman
I`ve only had the truck for 1 week and I have been trying to figure out alot of stuff about this truck. From my research The last owner removed the cat and the dpf and installed a 4" down pipe off or the turbo, and added a 4" lenght of exhaust pipe where the dpf was and keep the rest of the exhaust system intack even the dodge muffler. It still has the egr/cooler . also it has a edge juice with attituded programer. It has the stock cold air intake with a big k&N cleanable filter in it. ? -1 Is a turbo back 4" system or 5" system better? Which cold air intake is best or is the stock one with a better cleanable filter like a afe pro7 better? When I dod the egr/cooler delete I`m leaning towards the H&S, any others I should consider? Also I don`t think this edge will work with the egr/cooler delete , so which tuner is the best? Also is their any other mods besides changing turbos/injectore I shopuld look at doing? Thanks for your help! Any other places to research or links would be helpful! Input on were and whom to buy from also. I`ve been a ford man for the past 10 years and now I`m back were I belong a dodge man. Thanks!!
Im a noob here but I love my 2008. As far as the exhaust I believe the 5" is more beneficial if you are running over 600hp. Mine is a 4" TBE with a 7" flo pro and it sounds great, not too loud, not too quiet. Im very happy with my S&B air intake...that was my first mod and it upped my mpg a couple...hp was about +-15 I was sold on the mini maxx tuner because its great to be able to shift on the fly plus moniter digital guages. I dunno much about the EFI but I hear lots of guys talking about that but it sounds way above what I want out of my truck......reliability and longevity not so much HP

Old 08-05-2012, 09:30 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

S&b cold air are nice bought one for my 12 cummins gain 3.1 mpg k&n good to make shore you get the cleanable filters...i personally dont like the dry filters..look at h&s and smarty tuners to if u didnt already buy on they all seem to do the same with the deletes.

Old 08-05-2012, 09:39 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Got all my stuff from Thoroughbred diesel. Good prices