6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

downpipe and dpf removal

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default downpipe and dpf removal

ok guys, i think you guys have answered this already but, like i said before, im new to this. I recently recieved the aftermarket downpipe and the dpf delete pipe. im going to attempt to put this on myself this weekend but, i need some help. where do i start with the removal and what tools will i need. i noticed two lines running back to the stock dpf and i dunno what to do with them afterwards. the new dpf delete pipe has no bungs nor does the downpipe. what do i need to do with the o2 sensors and any other wires/lines. Is it really necessary to loosen the tranny cross member or no? Do I have to remove the rght front tire as Ive heard or can I leave it on? your help is greatly appreciated. also what kinda time frame am i looking at since i may do it in the afternoon at my buddies shop. Thanks again

Old 09-22-2011, 08:34 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm no pro, but a friend of mine and me did it in about four hours. I put a 5 inch exhaust including a 5 inch downpipe on mine. I didnt need any special tools for the exhaust, just basic hand tools, I welded my exhaust but clamps will work fine, I dont see why you would need to pull the right front tire off because you can get to the clamp on the downpipe pretty easily from underneath the truck (I had a 2 post lift). The two lines that run to the DPF I just pulled loose from where ever it is they go, and I just zip tied the other electrical connections around my frame. Been going strong since May with no check engine lights etc. plus 20+ mpgs. good luck

Old 09-22-2011, 08:35 PM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts
Default Re: downpipe and dpf removal

What tuner are you using?

Luke

Old 09-25-2011, 06:33 PM
Diesel Fan

well H&S tuner is in, DPF and EGR delete has been made... I freaking love the power. its amazing!!!! The only question is I cant find a pillar or dash mount for the XRT Pro.. Any help is greatly appreciated

Old 09-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Received 843 Likes on 695 Posts

Why do you want to mount it?

Old 09-27-2011, 07:39 AM
Diesel Fan

Well this is kinda dumb but I didnt read anyehere that I could install it it n then unplug it.if thats the case..please sumbody let me kno

Old 09-27-2011, 04:49 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

Yes you can unplug it. Take off the cross member. Easiest way to get the downpipe out. Undo the lines. I believe they go into two short rubber hoses. I removed one and just used one to cross to the other fitting. They are fuel lines. But if your DPF is turned off, no fuel comes out. You can order connector plugs for all the elctrical connectors. You could do it all in an afternoon. Dont even need a jack. I put on a full exhaust, did all the deletes, put on an air intake, and installed my Mini Max in about 8 hrs.

Old 10-06-2011, 04:58 PM
Diesel Fan

gotta say i love the new power im getting after doing the deletes.. will recommened it to anyone that asks