Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

Get Two New Codes Today

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 10:19 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Get Two New Codes Today

I got the codes P1693 and P0122. Did some research that suggested I need to reset my APPS. So I set parking brake, disconnected batteries, turned on ignition, turned off ignition ( 2 hours later ), reconnected, turned on ignition, depressed pedal, released pedal, popped e brake. CEL light is still on along side my two codes.

Ill go to O'Riley tomorrow to clear em and see if they come back, but what do you guys think?

This is my only vehicle. Should I be good to drive it?

Thanks guys,

Justin H

Old 04-19-2011, 11:01 PM
BOMBARDIER

Received 338 Likes on 289 Posts

what problems are u having with your truck, or is it just the check engine light?

its probably just starting to go bad. u may be able to adjust the apps.

Instructions:

Tools: Digital Volt Meter, T-20 Torx bit, #1 phillips, 10mm socket

With the key on, engine off you need to probe the APPS wire to see where the voltage is currently set at.
The best location to probe the wire is on the PCM (Power Control Module) which is located on the passenger firewall behind the air intake.

* You want the C1 connector, this is the connector closest to the engine
* You want the orange wire with a dark blue tracer which is pin #23
* Voltage should be somewhere around 0.5 volts,
* At this point the voltage reading does not matter, it just has to be accurately written down for later reference

TURN THE IGNITION OFF ON THE TRUCK

Remove the black plastic cover off of your APPS. There are two plastic screws. One on the top and one on the front facing the radiator. It takes a little prying to pull it off.

Undo the 6-10mm bolts that hold the bracketru in place but DO NOT REMOVE THE CABLES!!

You will notice the APPS is on the back of the bracketry that you just removed, it is held in place by 2-T20 torx bit screws. These screws have a little bit of locktite on them so make sure you have a good socket and gently give a little tap with a hammer before attempting to loosen. Be very careful because these screws strip VERY easily and you only get one shot at them (VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT; They are VERY tight).

On the APPS you will find a white tag that gives you the information on what the APPS voltage should be.

* After loosening the screws (do not remove) you can rotate the APPS clockwise or counter clockwise to get the adjustment (towards the front of the truck increases voltage and towards the rear of the truck decreases voltage)
* The reading you took at the beginning of the process on pin #23 should match the white tag on your APPS. If it doesn't the adjust accordingly.

Old 04-19-2011, 11:22 PM
Diesel Fan

I'll have to try that method if it comes back. There are no symptoms I cleared codes and it seems to be not coming back for now. Time will tell.

Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Diesel Fan

Looks like the code is staying away. Just a glitch... I hope