Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

03 "Popped" when getting on hiway

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 05:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 "Popped" when getting on hiway

Hey all. Ive got an 03, 2wd with edge juice, airdog 100, afe and exaust. Ive needed injectors for a while but been saving for a schied set. I was getting on the hiway and layed into it. It pulled pretty good then I got a loud "Pop" sound and motor died. I checked for boost tubes and injector lines and leakage on the side of the road, then I tried to fire it up again and turned it over for a few mins. It would not fire. I had 17psi fuel pressure to the cp3 the entire time. I towed it home and it fired right up. What gives? Any ideas? Should i drive it? I checked two codes, 2146, and 2149, both are injector bank electrical signals. The truck seems to run normal now exept for the rough idle because of the sticky injectors, but it was like that before. Thanks. -Nick

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Well i decided to just drive it. Its running about like it has this past couple months. Im really curious as to what it was though?? Im putting some 100 horse schied sticks and a vgt on this month so it will be all apart so I was wondering if there is anything I should look into? Thanks for the great site BTW, I hope someone will chime in!

Last edited by turbohacker; 03-31-2011 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-31-2011, 09:50 PM
Diesel Bomber
Received 171 Likes on 90 Posts

Hmmm. Seems odd. I'm not sure what to tell you, but decided to give you a bump. Hopefully you'll get some ideas.

Old 04-01-2011, 04:01 PM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if it ever doesnt crank, unplug the fca connector, if ur injectors are leaking it wont make enough rail pressure to fire, unplugging the fca puts max rail pressure to it and makes it crank, then just plug it back in...my .02