Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

After warranty help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 10:10 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default After warranty help

Ford helped me out when my transfercase birdnested at 59000 miles, 23000 miles after the bumper to bumper expired. They paid %80 of the repaires. Now just at 109894 miles the high pressure oil pump coupler o-ring goes out and strands me 375 miles from home. The dealership said that the EGR cooler was seeping and it was cheap to replace while the high pressure oil coupler was replaced. A redesigned EGR Cooler was installed also. The following is a service bulletin reguarding the high pressure pump and fitting;
2005 High Pressure Oil System Leak:
Some 2005 SuperDuties and Excursions built after 1-10-05 may experience symptoms related to high pressure oil system leakage, most commonly a hard/no start when the engine is warm. If diagnosis indicates a leak at the HP oil pump, inspect the pump quick connect fitting. If the leak is at the fitting o-ring, replace the fitting with P/N W301727. Broadcast Message 4320, 4932
The fitting was updated again with P/N W3027525!
My build date 4-01-05
I have asked ford for help in the cost of the repairs. I was out more than $1200.00 in towing, rental cars, lodging and 3 days loss of employement.
Both the coupler, FP Number 4C3Z-9B246-E and the EGR Cooler FP 4C3Z-9P456-AF were redesigned-engineered ( in the last 8 months) either for better sevice or on account of poor performance. Ford fleet techs are suggesting a revised coolant service flush/change at 30k miles instead of 60k miles on account of zinc deplating which is causing short egr cooler and cooling parts service life.
Ford knew these things and never bothered to tell me. I spent $2085 plus dollars plus on repairs at a Ford dealership and all Ford is offering me is $250. Question; Do any of you have any contacts at Ford Customer Service? At Ford Customer ServiceI got someone who passed it to the service manager at the repair dealership and he just feels hasseled. I am excited about the 2011 Ford , even though it is unproven but I think " my Ford Loyality is being tested". Will Ford back these redesigned parts by covering the cost and replacement knowing that they were both faulty?
Thanks for the time you have taken to read this. Believe me when this happened it was Sunday in traffic on a very hot day while pulling a fifth wheel and poof nothing. Full hot tubo shut down! We took care to get it repaired at the right place, quality work was performed and the bill was paid in full. I am not trying to short change FOMOCO. I think it is much too close to the warrenty for Ford to turn their backs. Ronnieboyo@aol.com