6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 Discussion of 6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels

aftermarket intake horn?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 10:00 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default aftermarket intake horn?????

anyone runnin a different elbow....rollin smoke offers two of them one from SHIBBY and one from BLACK OPPS...ive heard of one from WCC.... i need one and trying to see whats out there and whats working

Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I am personally looking at the AFE Bladerunner. Your best bet is to do some research online and see what they each do. Also there are many people on the site that could probably answer your question. Good luck!

Old 09-28-2009, 04:13 AM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Im gonna try to find one that is without a EGR mounting position

Old 09-28-2009, 07:58 AM
Diesel Fan
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Black Ops from Rollin Smoke does not have EGR. I'm lookin at this one for that stock look.

Rollin Smoke Diesel. 2007.5-2009 6.7L Black Ops Air Intake Horn

Old 09-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

I wonder... if you could use that to put in place of the stock horn, take the egr electronics and leave them plugged in/zip tied off to the side and just cap the exhaust manafold.... I wonder if the computer would know the difference.....

Old 09-28-2009, 09:08 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Im pretty sure it can. Thats why it makes putting an exhaust in one expensive because you have to pay for the fooler for the computer don't quote me on that though.

Old 09-29-2009, 06:28 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

I understand that there's a tricker for the pressure pickup's that attach to the DPF... but I've been talking to a couple people on that, and the way to get around that, may be to have a bung put on up near the turbo exit (where the pressure would be the highest) and hook up the pre-filter side there, then attach the post filter down the exhaust somewhere, just a matter of figuring out where to hook it up so it sees some pressure difference, not enough to send the truck into a regen, but enough so that it still thinks it's there.

Old 09-29-2009, 11:55 AM
Diesel Enthusiast

I just don't understand why Dodge and everyone else had to make it so complicated. You know a diesel doesn't put out nearly as much emissions as a gas vehicle even without the DPF and EGR. Yet because there is "black smoke" its bad. Stupid people who know nothing about diesel are the problem and they STILL drive gasoline vehicles that are worse for the environment than our trucks. So they choke the diesel and still allow more powerful gasoline vehicles to be made. Stupid emissions , stupid gasoline , and stupid government legislation !

Old 09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Diesel Wrench
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by tdiezel
Im pretty sure it can. Thats why it makes putting an exhaust in one expensive because you have to pay for the fooler for the computer don't quote me on that though.
actually if you are running the smarty or the xrt you dont need the foolers anymore and you can run exaust of 04.5 trucks and up on the 6.7 should bolt right up. maybe soon there will be more programmers out there with this option but for now I believe these are the only two. just lettin ya know bud

Old 09-29-2009, 02:34 PM
Diesel Enthusiast

Really!? Thats awesome! Thank you for telling me. I was debating on what to get next a 7.3 stroker or a 6.7 cummins. I wasn't too sure about the 6.7s but if they are finding ways around the computer without the expensive DPF and EGR delete I may go ahead and do that. I hear the 6.7 are nice and can put out quite a bit of power.

Quick Reply: aftermarket intake horn?????