Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

HELP!!! 06 6.0 Powerstroke will not start

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2017, 10:12 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATTN HELP!!! 06 6.0 Powerstroke will not start

My truck had been sitting for a few months due to a braking system issue. I have since fixed that issue. I then started the truck and it ran fine, I walked in the house for 5 minutes and came out to take it for a drive and the truck had died. I attempted to restart the truck however it would not start. I noticed at that time that they fuel pump (air dog fuel system) was not working. After some work and priming the pump the truck will still not start. The truck fires, however the truck still does not start. I have removed the upper filter and it appears to need replaced. When I remove the cap to the upper filter the bowl is dry, Should it be? Videos that I have watch show the bowl being full when they remove the cap and filter. Also the bowl will fill up once I turn the key on. I have been messing with this issue for little over a week now and I'm not sure what to do next. Could a dirty upper and possibly lower fuel filter keep it from starting? I had this problem with the fuel pump a few months ago when I started it and it died shortly after. I then primped the pump again and it worked just fine until about a week ago. Any help anyone could give me would be greatly appreciated and thank you in advance!

Old 01-15-2017, 09:04 PM
Diesel Enthusiast
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think your headed in the right direction....sounds fuel related ...that fuel bowl should be full when properly filled....looks like your loosing prime some were..thats were i would start my search...hope this helps .....scott....

Old 04-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fords have a "self priming system" turn the key on (do not start) let it run for about 1 min. do this 3 times. Im assuming your changing the fuel filters.
If that doesnt work. then i would be leaning towards a High Pressure Oil Pump. The injectors wont fire if you don't have good oil pressure/pump. When cranking if you have a scanner you should have atleast 500-600psi oil pressure before the truck will start.