Diesel In Distress - Support Ticket Need Help ? Broke Down Or in Urgent Need Of Assistance Post Here , Thread Will Be Priority and You have the ability to close your own thread when its fixed . If You Do Not Reply in 10 Days your thread will be closed as we will assume its fixed , You can Reopen YOUR Discussion Topic if you wish .

24v Cummins Throttle Stuck

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2016, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 24v Cummins Throttle Stuck

Truck:
2001 Dodge Ram 2500 24 Valve cummins auto

Mods:
ATS Aurora 3000
BD 3 Piece Exhaust Manifold
ARP Headstuds
S&B Intake Manifold
Hot Rod vp44
BD 150 injectors
Edge CTS
BD top speed eliminator
Airdog 165 Lift Pump

Truck gets driven maybe 7 times a month, not hard, and tows one of those times.

Recently it has had an issue around 55mph, it constantly locks and unlocks the torque converter until the speed is raised to 60 or dropped to 50 or I manually lock the tc. Thats not the problem, just thought it might be relevant info.

After the deep freeze we had in the NW last week, I decided to drive to my shop and check on the truck. Found the block heater had gone bad, so I replaced it. While trying to start the truck, I noticed that the gas pedal was flopping free. I pulled the retainer clip out of the pedal, and then put it in again, and that firmed up the gas pedal. With the truck not running, when I press the gas pedal the throttle cable pulls the bellcrank back, but it stays there when I release the pedal. To return it to closed I have to open the hood and pull it towards the front.

I asked the head diesel tech at the local dodge dealership (Spoiler alert, he was wrong) and he said that it was electrical, and when I started the truck it would be fine. That didnt make sense to me but I figured maybe he knew what he was talking about. This morning I got the truck started, put it in neutral, put the transfer case in neutral, and pushed the gas pedal in a little bit, to about 2000 rpms. Truck revved and then stayed there when I released the pedal. Had to go to the front to pull the bellcrank forward to get it to return to idle. Tried it a couple times and everytime it stuck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thankyou!!
TT