Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Head gasket? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/50444-head-gasket.html)

6narowbuilt2tow 05-09-2010 08:00 PM

Head gasket?

Ok the last couple of months when i kill my truck i can hear what sounds like to be water bubbling back into the resovier or something like that, A diesel mechanic told me it sounded like my thermostat was sticking never did anything about it. it only does it sometime. So today i crank my truck and drive about 2 miles and i pass a duramax that wanted to play so i floored it at about 110 i heard a ding and the check gauges light was on looked at temp. and it was peged out but as soon as i looked at it i got out of it and the temp came right back down to like 180-190. Does anybody have a clue whats going on. I cant tell if my oil is milky or not to see if its a head gasket? Please all help needed out of town working got to have my truck? :pca1:

6narowbuilt2tow 05-09-2010 08:02 PM

Head gasket?

Ok the last couple of months when i kill my truck i can hear what sounds like to be water bubbling back into the resovier or something like that, A diesel mechanic told me it sounded like my thermostat was sticking never did anything about it. it only does it sometime. So today i crank my truck and drive about 2 miles and i pass a duramax that wanted to play so i floored it at about 110 i heard a ding and the check gauges light was on looked at temp. and it was peged out but as soon as i looked at it i got out of it and the temp came right back down to like 180-190. Does anybody have a clue whats going on. I cant tell if my oil is milky or not to see if its a head gasket? Please all help needed out of town working got to have my truck?

diesel pap 05-09-2010 08:33 PM

i just got thru putting a head gasket on mine. it was doing the same thing.

6narowbuilt2tow 05-09-2010 08:42 PM

did the temp gauge do this or just the bubbling? Was ur oil milky?

diesel pap 05-09-2010 08:51 PM

it was not milky. it pushed water over in the jug. the rad. would build pressure and shut the therm. i would pull over and crank the rad. cap and therm. would open and motor would cool right back down.

jcs004 05-09-2010 10:09 PM

You should have listened to Jon Jon and put head studs on a long time ago. You know thats something you need to do when your making a race truck. Hahaha.

FarmDiesel 05-09-2010 10:13 PM

Welcome to the club. :argh:

Pretty sure its your headgasket. I had the EXACT same problems, as well as false diagnostics. Going tomorrow for some ARPs. :w2:

6narowbuilt2tow 05-09-2010 10:43 PM

ha ha i set here for 5 min. trying to figure out who the hell this way but its old casey

diesel pap 05-09-2010 10:51 PM

drive pressure gets real high on these 6.7s when running high settings on a tuner. i hooked up a gauge and its scary.:scare2: i think i am going to put a wastegate on we sell. after 25 lb of boost drive pressure starts climbin fast. i have heard guys blowing them with the high dollar arps. let alone the normal arps. i put our allen bolts in mine. my head was out .012

diesel pap 05-09-2010 10:54 PM

i just got done replacing my gasket. make sure you mill the head and put some type of better bolts in. i put allen bolts in mine but sold several sets of arps