Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   P0106 Manifold Absolute Pressure Sensor (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/25525-p0106-manifold-absolute-pressure-sensor.html)

MRowsh 04-29-2009 07:55 AM

I have been communicating with Smarty software dude. I have decided to move to Middle East. So, yesturday I shipped my truck and possibly next week I will replace the damn NOx and DPF sections of the exhaust system with striaght pipe and install the 6.7SME software into my Smarty, and let it rip.
According to what I hear, when you use Smarty with DPF and EGR gone, you do not need any resistors at all.

CLINTD 05-01-2009 12:47 PM

Ya I was assuming your dpf and egr was already gone. My bad. But I do know I had to run the resistors to make it work right.

sking 05-01-2009 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by CLINTD (Post 332205)
Ya I was assuming your dpf and egr was already gone. My bad. But I do know I had to run the resistors to make it work right.

Just get the XRT like i did:tttt: And hey that bumper is just sitting and now I need to sell it. Find me a buyer:ok1: My 2010 will be here in sept so I am not going to use it.

warlock06 05-02-2009 03:07 PM

once i got the p0106 code it went down hill fast, ended up selling the smarty. now all is good.

MRowsh 05-02-2009 04:45 PM

I know it is just matter of time for Smarty software guru to fix these issues. I am not going to get ride of my SMarty.
I have loaded the 67sME now. Of course I am in Middle East!!!
I Have seen improvement on fuel consumption, by fuel gage and the miles driven, because I used the REVO and turned the EGR and DPF off. I will hand calculate after refueling with 300 miles.
Still getting engine light coming on with two codes. It is running much better though.
Now instead of regen and associated issues, it just makes load noise like the exhaust break is partially on.
I have sent an eamil to Bob Wagner who I assume is the Smarty product owner, but got ignored completly !!!
But Stephano is a good man and has been answering my questions promptly.

MRaynor 05-02-2009 10:25 PM

Bob and Marco will get you straight, just hang in there. :ok1:

caveman 05-03-2009 03:11 PM

I have heard of two trucks now with chips in place of the temp and pressure sensors that run fine and throw no codes with the Smarty.

I saw the code in the initial post when using the EDGE Juice.

CLINTD 05-06-2009 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by MRowsh (Post 332590)
I have sent an eamil to Bob Wagner who I assume is the Smarty product owner, but got ignored completly !!!
But Stephano is a good man and has been answering my questions promptly.

Bob wagner is the U.S. distributer for smarty. I know there has been code issues, hopefully they get it all worked out for you. I have put about 1500 miles on the truck with no codes since installing the sims.

need help 6.7 05-07-2009 03:32 PM

i have the simms and smarty no codes runs great and yes i had to move to the middle east also :c:

MRowsh 05-08-2009 07:35 AM

Exhaust break comes on with S67ME !

The first 220 miles went real good, and after that lights coming on and the damn exhaust break is doing it's thing. Two codes, the P0106 and the oxygen sensor code, do not remember the number.

About every 25 to 40 miles of driving, the damn thing comes on.

Sure hope to see a patch release to resolve this.