Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   6.7 Liter Dodge Cummins 07.5-12 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/)
-   -   Any Problems Yet? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/6-7-liter-dodge-cummins-07-5-12/1096-any-problems-yet.html)

wildbill 04-16-2008 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by johngiblin71106 (Post 148352)
so far ive had mine at the dealer twice now and im taking it back tomorrrow for check engine problems ive got a cold air intake and banks exhaust on my 6.7 and it runs great tho fuel mileage sucks but im worried that the intake and the exhaust will void my warranty what do you guys think

Ask em and see what mods they will void the warranty with, before you bring it in.

Longhorn 04-16-2008 10:32 PM

I have about 5000kms on my 08 so far and no issues to date. I have left it all stock and not messed with anything to this point and I have been thrilled with the power and I absolutely love the new tranny and exhaust brake. I did put 35" toyo m/ts on it and it will roast em stock so I cant imagine what it will do once I start messing with it!!!

I am even getting decent mileage so far, and as far a regen...if it happens, I dont know anything about it. I know one thing that is freaking me out though! You can run your finger around the inside of the exhaust pipe and it will come out clean...not a speck of soot anywhere...very strange!

FordGuy100 04-16-2008 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by 94Matt (Post 148775)
Apparently, grenading a turbo means something very different to me than it does to you. I have seen some turbos go, and believe me, when you "grenade" a turbo there will be no more boost, let alone driving at 70 mph.

Well, my bearings seized up in the housing, the shaft was bent some, intake wheel hit the housing and sent a lot of the wheel into the intake (a lot of big pieces got caught on the intake screen that they come with the factory with, though I'm sure some got through. I have around 4K miles now, and no problems, so I dont think much happened), exhaust housing bolts fell out. Lets just say it wouldnt make any boost at all unless WOT, and even then it would hardly move the gauge. I was just saying that it was down for repairs, and not really broke. I'm sure I could have driven like that for a while, until the turbo actually let go.

johngiblin71106 04-20-2008 12:34 PM

well the good news is i got my truck back from the dealer and all that was wrong with it was o2 sensors and they didnt care at all about the aftermarket exhaust and intake that i recently installed it was never even mentioned. but no mattter what my 6.7 is unstoppable she runs like a raped date emty or loaded.

Rocking B Ranch 04-24-2008 11:18 AM

24hrs. and 900 miles into my new truck and no problems yet.....knock on wood. Just wish I could keep my foot out of my Edge w/ Attitude so I could see what kind of mileage I'm going to get until he's broken in! :run:

johngiblin71106 04-29-2008 09:23 PM

I was about too buy a chip for my2007 ram 3500 6.7 cummins and im just wonderin if the bully og is a good buy or not what do you guys think

Mr.Krabs 05-05-2008 11:07 PM

My buddy went through 3 turbos in 100k,the techs kept fixing the wrong thing,can't recall what that was,wealth of information eh?
I think it's fixed now.