Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Time To Build The 48re (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/8210-time-build-48re.html)

sillyneck 01-05-2008 03:10 PM

Time To Build The 48re

I'm sure I'm beating the hell out of a completely dead and dismembered horse, but I need to get my post count up to sell some parts and this is the only thing I would really like to discuss and have your opinions on right now :D

So I'm running an 04.5 auto truck. real basic. It's a 4x4 w/ 37" tires, afe intake, cat delete w/ a banks monster muffler and a juice w/ attitude. I tow up to 12k lbs w/ the truck but normally just 8k.

I've been talking to a few mfg's and read a pile of builds and reviews but I still haven't made up my mind about what I want or need.

I don't have any major power upgrades planned so I don't want to do a full blown trans build.

I was thinking torque converter and valve body... preferably whichever brand works best together. Tripple disk pref.

I like the idea of DTT's stuff, Dunrite has good words on the page, a local company (sacramento) P and D has a good tripple. Always the tried at true ATS.

What works the best in your experience. Not sure if this is a argumentative site like others I'm on so take it easy :D

thanks
Phil

Diesel Dawgs Performance 01-05-2008 03:45 PM

:pm:

Diesel Nut 01-05-2008 05:29 PM

We are right here in Sacramento . . . . . . . . . .

I'll shoot you a PM.

Whit 01-05-2008 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by sillyneck (Post 98687)
Not sure if this is a argumentative site like others I'm on so take it easy :D

thanks
Phil

yer in good hands here Phil.....lotta good peeps that are here to help

the arguing comment is funny though heheheheheeeeeee

UNBROKEN 01-05-2008 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by sillyneck (Post 98687)

Always the tried at true ATS.

Don't you mean tried and broken ?
I spent some time running the install shop at a well known diesel shop that was an ATS dealer...about 50% of the trans from them we installed didn't work at all or didn't work right right out of the crate.
Even got a "dyno tested" Allison one time with NO SOLENOIDS in it. LOL

sillyneck 01-05-2008 10:15 PM

thanks for the info guys. replied to PMs. Kinda nice when people don't give ya crap for asking a question :D

Ya know I've heard mostly good about ats but ya never know who's saying what with what motive behind it I guess :D

UNBROKEN 01-06-2008 04:23 PM

I have no motive...I have ATS parts on my truck now. I'm just telling you what happened when I was in the aftermarket diesel industry....at the shop I worked in.

xtrm-s10 02-04-2008 11:37 AM

phil you didnt get the right answer from pirate:tttt:

xtrm-s10

sillyneck 02-04-2008 05:39 PM

pirate... answer? BACON!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sillyneck 07-01-2008 07:48 AM

I finally got some parts in this turd.

Forever ago I bought a BD t/c and valve body. Just the low stall 450- hp model. I bought BD because my distributor had it in stock and got a smokin deal.

I was planning on slapping it in there right away but had a customer's rig on the lift. Then another, then another..... every time I went to do it I got busier. Mind you my trans still worked fine I just wanted to get to it before major failure.

A local friend of a friend Jacob knocked it out for me the other day and from what I can gather it's much better.

It's slower than it was because it pulls from a much lower rpm..... but my around town mileage is so much better I'm up 4mpg on this tank so far. (IE anything not incl t/c full lock) Seems to run a gear higher and pull idle along between 1k-1400 instead of 1700-2k. Really firm when engaging rev and drive..... but the shifting is still smooth. you can feel the down shifts now. I was told I wouldn't like this v/b but from what I can tell it's pretty good. I just hope the rest of the trans holds up until I get a 6spd truck

I'm going to hook up the trailer this weekend and see what it's all about.