Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Black fuel filter (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/79990-black-fuel-filter.html)

quick03cummins 07-24-2011 07:04 PM

Black fuel filter

It's the engine making oil? What I mean is it over full from something other then you? If so it could be a leaking o ring but you'll see oil real high on the dip stick

dangerous1965 07-24-2011 09:45 PM

I second the copper washer you have soot being pumped into your fuel and there's only one way to do that!

NadirPoint 07-25-2011 08:37 AM

That Must Be One Helluva Bad Washer

So you don't think it would show any other symptom if it was putting that much soot through a sealing washer? :w2:

dangerous1965 07-25-2011 06:18 PM

he says he has a hesitation "Stumble" There are only two ways that I know of that will put soot in the return line. Washer and injector. This is a good one for the veteran cummins guru's to kick around!

NadirPoint 07-25-2011 06:29 PM

It sounds pretty obvious to me the truck is starving for fuel because of a clogged fuel filter. That it is clogged with soot would be a very dubious assumption at this point. Whatever is in the fuel system will be everywhere - feed, filter, pumps, return - everywhere. It's constantly circulating.

What does the line between the filter and the CP3 look like? What is the black stuff?

dcpowell17 07-25-2011 06:45 PM

My BD flow max just took fudged up. I'm gonna Jag it for a while and pull all the injectors out and have them flow tested. I am going to do the right thing and get down to basics and check every possible solution. I'll keep you guys informed as the investigation continues. I am still job hunting so the process may be slow. "It's all about the Benjamins!"

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

anybody have a set of 24V injectors or a good set of nozzles??:scare2:

dcpowell17 08-15-2011 07:09 PM

Mystery Solved

3 Attachment(s)
I decided to disassemble the two DB FlowMax to assemble one working unit. Low and behold i found the one of the armature magnets had come loose and the armature was powdering the magnet. The powder was so fine that it was being forced into the fuel track and screwing up my fuel between the pump and the fuel manager. I believe the filter caught it all but it is hard to tell without disassembling my CP3.
Attachment 21734 Attachment 21735 Attachment 21736 You can see the area on the magnet where the armature was eating away at it. You can see some of the goo on the armature. Keep in mind that the armature was so covered i had to was it off to get a picture.

wildbill 08-15-2011 07:25 PM

That Goo is algae. Get some Power Service biocide ASAP.

dcpowell17 08-15-2011 07:42 PM

Obviously you didn't look at the pictures. There is no algae in my fuel system. Or in my fuel tank all have been thoroughly inspected. The debris is in the pump, in the line between the pump and the fuel manager.

NadirPoint 08-17-2011 07:59 AM

Looks like they should re-name it the BD Flow"Min" :td: