Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   NEED HELP? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/69931-need-help.html)

MurphyStrut 02-08-2011 07:18 PM

NEED HELP?

Well I have a 05 cummins with (CAI and 4" w/cat delete). Started it up Sunday and the idle was choppy and white smoke was coming out of tailpipe. No prior symptoms, I did get diesel the night before so I thought maybe water in diesel? I changed fuel filter and added seafoam and it cleared up. Today it started happening again, changed fuel filter again. Still doing it! Could it be water? And should I just scrap the fuel or is it something serious? Any help is greatly appreciated

Whit 02-08-2011 07:24 PM

sounds like bad fuel....I have done up to 5 filters on a deal like this before

if a load of diesel is being dropped dont fuel up, dropping the fuel stirs up all the crap on the bottom of the tank:scare2:

turbo20psi 02-08-2011 07:32 PM

Change your fuel station for diesel see what happens. The winter blend is sometimes:scare2::s:

MurphyStrut 02-09-2011 06:19 PM

Thank you guys so much

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by MurphyStrut (Post 705511)
Well I have a 05 cummins with (CAI and 4" w/cat delete). Started it up Sunday and the idle was choppy and white smoke was coming out of tailpipe. No prior symptoms, I did get diesel the night before so I thought maybe water in diesel? I changed fuel filter and added seafoam and it cleared up. Today it started happening again, changed fuel filter again. Still doing it! Could it be water? And should I just scrap the fuel or is it something serious? Any help is greatly appreciated

Also I'm getting some more than normal vibration from the motor at 60mph and over? it could be unrelated but i forgot to share earlier, sorry.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Ok now the damn thing won't start! I'm getting fuel from the lift pump, I'm getting fuel to my injectors. But it's cranking like a Gasser that is not getting fire! I'm at a loss? I've heard of a sensor that's on the rail, could it be that?

DieselgodND 02-10-2011 12:40 AM

i would check your air filter

on my 07 it would start up and was choppy and had white smoke and was a little slugish on power to so i checked im air filter and it was wet replaced it and havent had any problems:tu:

dangerous1965 02-10-2011 08:35 AM

Not to scare you but could possibly be a Injector issue! Those are common symtoms.

MurphyStrut 02-10-2011 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by DieselgodND (Post 706312)
on my 07 it would start up and was choppy and had white smoke and was a little slugish on power to so i checked im air filter and it was wet replaced it and havent had any problems:tu:

Ok, I cleaned my filter and it still ain't starting. I appreciate the comment but it doesn't seem to be the problem.

Also I dropped it off at the shop today, so we'll see.

MurphyStrut 02-12-2011 12:33 AM

Well today the mechanic got the truck started by putting seafoam in the fuel filter can. After it started though it was idling erratically, but would stay running. Whereas before it wouldn't start at all? Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Dr. Evil 02-13-2011 01:06 AM

any codes?

MurphyStrut 02-13-2011 10:53 AM

No codes