Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   would this work?? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/22186-would-work.html)

SuperTurbo 02-23-2009 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by johnnymotown421 (Post 285615)
instead of doing twins, would it be possible to use a BIG centrifugal super charger to spin a hx 60 or larger turbo of that sort? I keep running the set up through my head but I know im over looking something that would make this impractial. Thanks for the info guys.

If you were going to blow the sc into a (hx60) or similar you probably would find you need a smaller not bigger sc. If you go too big in you atmosphere charger you are going to end up with lag, be it a sc or tc - just a bit of my experience

Poppin Smoke 02-23-2009 06:47 PM

superchargers and blowers????

Originally Posted by bow2no1 (Post 290055)
THEY ARE NOT SUPERCHARGERS!

they are just blowers. a 2 stroke diesel could not run with out one.
a blower has higher tolerance then a super charger.
call BDS blower drive service. ALOT of work is needed to use a 2 stroke blower as a super charger.

Intake begins when the piston is near bottom dead center. Air is admitted to the cylinder through ports in the cylinder wall (there are no intake valves). Since the piston is moving downward at this time, aspiration due to atmospheric pressure isn't possible. Therefore a positive displacement blower is employed to charge the cylinder with air. In the early phase of intake, the air charge is also used to force out any remaining combustion gases from the previous power stroke, a process referred to as scavenging. As the piston passes through bottom dead center, the exhaust valves will be closed and, owing to the pressure generated by the blower or turbocharger, the cylinder will be filled with air. Once the piston starts upward, the air intake ports in the cylinder walls will be covered, sealing the cylinder. At this point, compression will commence. the exhaust and intake actually occur in one stroke, the period during which the piston is near the bottom of the cylinder.

Roots Blower/Roots Supercharger is the same... a parasitic device. And no you do not have to have a blower or supercharger to make the diesel run... It just makes it run more efficiently. I have worked on plenty without any assisted "breathing" and my fair share of supercharged (blown) and twin turbo. Thanks for the suck, bang, blow concept.. But you forgot the heat and pressure which is what make a diesel, a diesel.

nmlakerat 02-24-2009 03:29 PM

i may be wrong but i remember some 6v71's with roots blowers on them as well those ol dirty detroits hard to kill em.....:humm:

did an in frame on a 12v one time no fun at all even if it was a gen set still no fun

bow2no1 02-24-2009 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Poppin Smoke (Post 293531)
Roots Blower/Roots Supercharger is the same... a parasitic device. And no you do not have to have a blower or supercharger to make the diesel run... It just makes it run more efficiently. I have worked on plenty without any assisted "breathing" and my fair share of supercharged (blown) and twin turbo. Thanks for the suck, bang, blow concept.. But you forgot the heat and pressure which is what make a diesel, a diesel.

BDS says a blower off a diesel 6-71, 8-71 etc... will not work right as a super charger
if you have a blower from a diesel they can put new rotors in, i believe they have to have teflon strips? and machine the case for a lower tolerance. i talked to them about it but it was some time ago.