Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   5.9 Liter CR Dodge Cummins 03-07 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/)
-   -   Wierd Problem-Maybe (https://www.dieselbombers.com/5-9-liter-cr-dodge-cummins-03-07/10781-wierd-problem-maybe.html)

wildbill 03-22-2008 06:26 PM

Wierd Problem-Maybe

Truck always starts different every morning. Sometimes it cranks over for 5 sec. before it starts, sometimes a 1/2 a rev. Once in a while a bucking start. All within the same week, temps never got below 25, plugged in for 18-24 hours. So what can I do? Easy fix? Thanks in advance.

Diesel Dawgs Performance 03-22-2008 06:33 PM

Does it only do it when you got the Smarty loaded on the truck?

wildbill 03-23-2008 08:36 AM

I never tried it unhooked. I guess I need to a little more diagnosing.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Unhooked it last night and fired it up this morning. It started a whole lot better. No bucking hard start, no long cranking, nothing. Just as smooth as silk. So WTF? My truck hate chips/programmers? Or something worse?

RSWORDS 03-23-2008 09:01 AM

Originally Posted by wildbill (Post 135833)
I never tried it unhooked. I guess I need to a little more diagnosing.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Unhooked it last night and fired it up this morning. It started a whole lot better. No bucking hard start, no long cranking, nothing. Just as smooth as silk. So WTF? My truck hate chips/programmers? Or something worse?

Try and reload the Smarty. Make sure you wait al least 15 seconds after unhooking the smarty before you do ANYTHING. If you still have problems go to the MADs site and download th elatest updates. All trucks/computers are different.

wildbill 03-23-2008 09:06 AM

Mmmk, I'll do a little more tinkering.

Diesel Dawgs Performance 03-23-2008 12:38 PM

Ya getting the latest updates should make a difference. :pca1:

Red_Rattler 03-23-2008 02:13 PM

From what I was told the truck will crank until it sees oil pressure b4 it fires. My truck does the same thing as in irregular crank times here and there. But for the buckin part, can't help you out there.... :pca1:

mysterync 03-23-2008 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by lukesdiesel (Post 136083)
Ya getting the latest updates should make a difference. :pca1:

Theres alot of variables and in all honesty, the newest updates havent done anything in this area! this is somthing hard to diagnose over the internet, but a good starting point would be checking it for codes!

Diesel Dawgs Performance 03-23-2008 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by mysterync (Post 136146)
Theres alot of variables and in all honesty, the newest updates havent done anything in this area! this is somthing hard to diagnose over the internet, but a good starting point would be checking it for codes!

The problem only happens with the Smarty loaded. Any codes Wildbill?

wildbill 03-23-2008 06:22 PM

Never did get any codes. I erased wild torque and updated to moderate torque. I'll see how she goes in the morning. I appreciate all the ideas so far everyone.