Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   KDP Question (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/7880-kdp-question.html)

scottsjeeprolet 01-28-2008 09:00 PM

Mines a 99 and when Wannadiesel was here at the Cave he told me i don't have one. He killed 3 that day. I think it his total is number 68 kills.

Uncle Bubba 01-28-2008 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by scottsjeeprolet (Post 112080)
Mines a 99 and when Wannadiesel was here at the Cave he told me i don't have one. He killed 3 that day. I think it his total is number 68 kills.

All the first and secnd Gen trucks have the pins, it's just that some have the updated cover that prevents them from coming out. But I can tell you that my 99 did not have the updated cover when I pulled it apart.

Dr. Evil 01-29-2008 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by piperca (Post 110801)
Darn it, Doctor, you got me again! :igive:

I must turn my attention to the year of the truck. This is a first and you'll have to agree with me on that. Not to mention, this is the first valid piece of evidence I've seen that a post '98 (12 vavle) truck has had a problem.

In my earlier post, I was laying out, exactly, the explanation given by Cummins ... which makes perfect sense.

So now we are saying ALL 2nd gen trucks have the KDP problem ... that's scary!

You had me believing you for a few minutes. The explanation provided by Cummins seems to be very logical but Dave opened a can of worms with his recent post. And yeah, its pretty scary.

hydroshok 05-09-2011 08:59 PM

I just pulled the cover off my 99 and the tab will not work because the dowel pin is raised from the bolt. Does that mean I have an updated cover and nothing to worry about? The 99 has had many owners and abuse. It looks like the cover was pulled before because the bolts are all different sizes. the bolt next to the dowel pin along with the others are a torx head. Any one else have these kind of bolts or did they just use whatever was lying around when they put it back together?

turbo20psi 05-09-2011 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by hydroshok (Post 751289)
I just pulled the cover off my 99 and the tab will not work because the dowel pin is raised from the bolt. Does that mean I have an updated cover and nothing to worry about? The 99 has had many owners and abuse. It looks like the cover was pulled before because the bolts are all different sizes. the bolt next to the dowel pin along with the others are a torx head. Any one else have these kind of bolts or did they just use whatever was lying around when they put it back together?

Yes my 01 has the torx head bolts it is the updated cover.No worries

dukeboy_318 05-09-2011 11:27 PM

so lets get this right, if it has torx heads, its an updated cover?

hydroshok 05-10-2011 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by turbo20psi (Post 751294)
Yes my 01 has the torx head bolts it is the updated cover.No worries

Thanks!!! This is great news. I still feel like I stole this truck. I'm doing a lot of work to it, but it runs well.

bryce3685 05-27-2011 11:09 AM

ya im kinda gettin a lil worried as well my 99 has 234km on it without a single problem