Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   It's Broke AGAIN (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/622-its-broke-again.html)

mobs241 03-23-2007 02:02 PM

It's Broke AGAIN

ok driving back home from an inteview (30miles each way)
and wound brakes felt a bit soft.i figured it ws no big deal as the was raining and might have to do with something like that

well ont eh way home my abs and brake light came on..

wtf

ive reaplced every brake component there is, ive replaced all electronics there are..

i dont even know where to start..:help:

GetBlown5.9 03-23-2007 02:54 PM

any chance during this rain you were doing any burnouts, wheel peeling etc. if you take off and keep spinning your wheels FAST in the rain it will trip a sensor that will go away on its own

Whit 03-23-2007 02:59 PM

mobs...maybe check the wheel speed sensor mounted up by the drivers side battery.......its the module for that anyway

Johnny Cetane 03-23-2007 03:26 PM

^^^ i agree. if it's doing it only in the rain then start checking connections. especially any connection affected by tire splash. pull 'em apart and look for the greenies. clean 'em up and put a dab of dielectric grease.

how'd the interview go?????

Dr. Evil 03-23-2007 04:21 PM

Hows the speed sensor make the brakes feel "squishy"?

Dave, are you sure you got all the air out?? I was working on bleeding mine last night...what a major PITA...

mobs241 03-23-2007 05:08 PM

intresting...... master cylinder was bone dry... i followed all the brake lines.. no leaks. followed the hydroboost lines. no leaks.. no leaks on calipers or cylinders..wtf only thing i can think of is powersteering/vac pump leak.. powersteering ran low so it sucked it from m/c?

Johnny Cetane 03-23-2007 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Dr. Evil (Post 6431)
Hows the speed sensor make the brakes feel "squishy"?

Dave, are you sure you got all the air out?? I was working on bleeding mine last night...what a major PITA...

i didn't see that part. guess the flashing lights caught my eye.

you can't see any fluid leaks mobs? do the hydroboost master cylinders have a seal in back of them to hold fluid in? mine has vacuum booster so i don't know. but... the rear seal on my master started leaking and all the brake fluid was going into the booster. maybe you have the same problem.

did u pull ur rear wheels and look at the wheel cylinders?

mobs241 03-23-2007 05:19 PM

no i didnt pull the wheels normally if you have a substancial leak, itll drip down on the inside of the tire from the bottom of the drum., i cannot see any leaks.. i followed all brake lines and such.

Johnny Cetane 03-23-2007 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by mobs241 (Post 6447)
no i didnt pull the wheels normally if you have a substancial leak, itll drip down on the inside of the tire from the bottom of the drum., i cannot see any leaks.. i followed all brake lines and such.

true. how often do you check ur brake fluid? maybe it's been leaking a bit longer than you think.

back of the master cylinder is the only thing i can think of then. like i said, i've seen the regular vacuum boosted master cylinders leak there.

Dr. Evil 03-23-2007 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by mobs241 (Post 6443)
intresting...... master cylinder was bone dry...

Hmmm....sounds famiiar...