Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   what do i do or use to fix this (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/35507-what-do-i-do-use-fix.html)

turbostang7 11-04-2009 01:19 PM

hey, i pulled the gear off of the front of the pump with a simple steering wheel puller, worked great! its a snap to change only took about 2 hours and that was explaining what i was doing to my wife lol

NCFPD 11-04-2009 01:22 PM

Lol thats great i would try to explain to myn but she would just stand there act like shes listning and then ignore me the whole time and then when i was done she be like what were you saying i lost ya after you first said something about get that wrench for me. That would just piss me off lol

Uncle Bubba 11-04-2009 01:25 PM

We make the occasional road trip that I can use for an excuse if you get in a bind on any of this stuff. She can wait in the truck long enough for me to get ya back workin again if you get stuck on somethin. Most a this stuff looks harder then it is as long as you take it one step at a time instead of tryin to figure it out all at once.

If you need some serious mechanic work done I can't promise ya free work from em but I have a kid here with me that brings in project cars and trucks all the time to my place and works on em for guys and i have a cousin over in White Hall that is a Diesel Mechanic at the Ford dealership in Jacksonville. I'm sure he'd do side work at home to.

turbostang7 11-04-2009 01:28 PM

well the videos from diesel dan on youtube helped a bunch, it clears up a lot of confusion i would highly recomend watching them first. its very easy to do though i had no problems with the keyways, or getting it running afterwards with no leaks and im new to diesels.

NCFPD 11-04-2009 01:53 PM

Yea i have watched them i should be fine with it all i am pretty good with my hands i was a deisel mechanic in the army ut i worked on like detroits and stuff but yea i should be ok it just looks worse than what it is. I was just worried bout that dame gear but i will call some places and find one of those gear pullers

Mopar1973Man 11-06-2009 08:41 AM

Changing a injection pump is rather easy and you can use a simple steering wheel puller. But you only need to pull injection lines 1,2 and 5 out to get the pump out. The only fun is getting the two nuts off the block side of the pump...

Dr. Evil 11-06-2009 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by NCFPD (Post 424770)
Yea i alled that place that ya gave me the number to and they wanted 1o25 for a rebuilt one witch is a good price but i just dont have the money i am working on one for like 600 from some one on here and i guess ill let ya know when i get one heck if you wanna make a trip some time let me know lol i could use the help hey i do have to say tha it is nice to have a fellow diesel guy on here that lives somewhat near my location lol. I also hve a new quadzilla add. and a raptor 150 lift pump on its way to lol

FYI, all "rebuilt" pumps are not the same. Ask them if theyve replaced the electronics.

NCFPD 11-06-2009 10:15 AM

cool beans i will deff. ask