24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 Discussion of 24 Valve 5.9 Liter Dodge Cummins Diesels with VP44 Injection Pumps
Sponsored by Trailer Plus

Is my ecm bad?? I'm lost plz help!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2018, 11:50 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is my ecm bad?? I'm lost plz help!!!

Truck ran good, the guy I bought it from gave me a cheap hypertech programer so I followed it step by step. As soon as it was complete I started up the truck and instantly ran like complete crap, I drove it down the road and could tell it had a loss of power and rough idle and oil pressure gauge went to 0.i put everything back to factory and didn't fix anything. The following day I was under the hood and noticed a tiny fuel leak on return side and the ecm was not mounted to the block. I fixed both of those and nothing has changed why can I not get it back to factory? Now when I start it up it runs real rough and my tachometer is reading after about 5 seconds it seems to clear out then rpm drop to 0 and seems to idle fine as soon as you put it in gear it sounds like it is on a lope tune and it has a loss of power and slow throttle response did that programer fry my ecm since it wasn't grounded to the block ???