Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   my first diesel!!! finally (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/107165-my-first-diesel-finally.html)

dieseldude848 12-29-2012 10:41 PM

id consider upgrading the lift pump with a fass or airdog/raptor 150gph system

Hoytshooter 12-29-2012 10:51 PM

Any recommended fuel gauge mine currently has on with plastic line going into pillar I'm not fond due to if it was to break might make a mess

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

I have always installed and built my own trucks but also have learned its sometimes cheaper to buy one already done so I maid a exception and let him save me the money :jump::yeah:

So its not good to have two chips doing timing at the same time ....:scare2: who new

Yes that is one thing he did tell me thanks for telling me :jump:

BarryB 12-29-2012 10:55 PM

I installed an isspro ev2 FP gauge in my pillar. electronic so no fuel is in the cab. You can get 1/8 copper tubing and run it to the gauge, lil more durable than the plastic line.

Hoytshooter 12-29-2012 11:07 PM

I'm runningaround 10 give or take on fuel 15 with auxiliary pump

What injectors would you guys recommend for my truck I want to bring egts down and be more efficient

Originally Posted by BarryB (Post 975461)
I installed an isspro ev2 FP gauge in my pillar. electronic so no fuel is in the cab. You can get 1/8 copper tubing and run it to the gauge, lil more durable than the plastic line.

How was installation and wat was cost is it before lift pump or after I hear after is better

Bryce 12-29-2012 11:09 PM

Like RAW said your egts are within the safe range. But if you are worried about them, instead of different injectors you might want to look into a three piece exhaust manifold or water/methanol.

Hoytshooter 12-29-2012 11:12 PM

Water / methanol sounds out of my league. .....

blacksally 12-30-2012 12:27 AM

i got the snow performance stage 2 meth/water i love it i use to run hot on hills hit it then im all good i use -20 washer fluid and some times distill water when its warmer i paid next to nothing for it works good

Hoytshooter 12-30-2012 07:50 AM

Where can I read about it to get a better concept on how it works/ installing one thanks for bearing with me guys I'm 23 and have alot to learn:s:

RAW 12-30-2012 11:41 AM

Water meth isn't something I would suggest. It isn't a permanent fix, needs constant fill ups, and tuning it in can never time consuming. The same money could be put into permanent, zero maintenance upgrades. Exhaust manifold, Camshaft, intercooler, etc.

My electric AutoMeter fuel gauge was about $250. No fuel in the cab, easy install, and quick to respond.