Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   24 Valve 2nd Gen Dodge Cummins 98.5-02 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/)
-   -   How to get more boost? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/24-valve-2nd-gen-dodge-cummins-98-5-02/103634-how-get-more-boost.html)

blacksally 10-12-2012 08:18 AM

mine pushes 35 and some times throws a fuel code that says its ok with stocking tuning or something, my hx 35 doesnt have a waste gate? its totally missing

RanchhandTCR 10-12-2012 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Stevenlittle69 (Post 948116)
fill out your sig so we know what u ready have... i wouldn't push her past 40 on your stock head bolts without studs, and someone correct me but isnt the stock hx35 lose efficiency around 38psi?? assuming u have an hx

but>>>boost fooler - boost elbow - BHAF let her breath!

smarty fools too up to 44psi i believe, not 100% sure though on your 2nd gen

WTH? I have had my sig filed out? what happened to it... yes I have the HX... thanks...

scottmorgan 10-12-2012 01:45 PM

you dont need a boost fooler on our years. the quad zilla/ smarty will cover any amount of boost you can ever push with your hx5. for cheap and easy. youjust have to put a gate vavle in you compressure to wiastgate line. close it off like 95% it cost about 5 bucks in fittings and you can push your hx 35 to about 40psi. youi will need fuel from a programmer to get that much boost though. if i put my programmer on stock and hammer it with the hx35 will only spool 25 psi or so. if you skip the programmer and go injetors to get more fuel the boost fooler will not give you more boost it will just alow you not to set a code at more boost. the added fuel is what gives you your boost.:c:

Bigg Redd 10-12-2012 02:30 PM

Keep in mind tho about headbolts. You dont want to pop a headgasket. BTW Some of the programmers out there have boostfooler function built in and enabled. I dont have a programmer on mine so I have a separate boost fooler module.

Stevenlittle69 10-12-2012 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by scottmorgan (Post 948266)
you dont need a boost fooler on our years. the quad zilla/ smarty will cover any amount of boost you can ever push with your hx5. for cheap and easy. youjust have to put a gate vavle in you compressure to wiastgate line. close it off like 95% it cost about 5 bucks in fittings and you can push your hx 35 to about 40psi. youi will need fuel from a programmer to get that much boost though. if i put my programmer on stock and hammer it with the hx35 will only spool 25 psi or so. if you skip the programmer and go injetors to get more fuel the boost fooler will not give you more boost it will just alow you not to set a code at more boost. the added fuel is what gives you your boost.:c:

^^^Agreed.... Not sure if it works on your turbo, but I run an adjustable t fitting cutoff I bought at home depot, its for splicing in water lines for a fridge. 3/8 npt I believe, and just throw in a piece of 1/4" copper to grab onto

H.R.D 10-12-2012 09:12 PM

Don't worry about getting a boost fooler IMO they are pointless, because just about every worthwhile programmer or module has them built in. I recommend either an Edge Comp or Smarty. The Smarty will give you close to 65 hp over stock while the Comp will get you close to 120 hp over stock.

But like Luke said make sure you have a solid LP; also do some tranny upgrades like you were saying, as you know those are serious weak points. :tu:

scottmorgan 10-15-2012 01:47 PM

or you can go with the quadzilla witch will give yoiu 180 over stock easy. and then with some injectors you will be turning all the ponies you would ever need. i have 100 sticks and quadzilla and have enough fuel running to haze over 50psi. so that sould till you its running hard!! the only problem imo wiht the quadzilla is that the egts are a little hire due to the exesive fuel and the timing of that fuel. but you get more power and its on the fly adjustment. so i can run hard to 60 mph and then set cruese and put it on the built in milage max.

Bigg Redd 10-15-2012 04:55 PM

Dont forget Headbolts of studs, if youre gonna go nuts.

RanchhandTCR 10-15-2012 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bigg Redd (Post 949435)
Dont forget Headbolts of studs, if youre gonna go nuts.

NA, this is a woking truck, so im not gonna go crazy just want to get so extra umph outta my gal, but Ive been wanting a Edge EZ for now for what I do, and then I want to build a fummins with the VP44 24Valve, so I will be going crazy on that truck lol!!

Bigg Redd 10-15-2012 06:32 PM

That'll work!!! :tu: