Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   i need a cummins mechanic. oh & sum 1 to go racing with (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/95163-i-need-cummins-mechanic-oh-sum-1-go-racing.html)

ursoslw4me 04-24-2012 08:20 PM

i need a cummins mechanic. oh & sum 1 to go racing with

Hey: i need a gr8 cummins mechanic down here in the Newport richey, Tampa area, motor only starts with starter fluid, & Turbo has no sound to it at all, even when towing About 2000 lbs. Turbo has a little play from side to side but not in & out. Truck has no gauges 4 boost, egg,fuel pressure. My dad is 84 & had some 1 work on the truck, did not run all that better when we got it bk,looking 4 the paperwork on what they did to it,but they went out of business. Any help would b greatly appreciated!! How do u get to the Badlands on here? Ill try to get on here asap when I can.. 2 c where 2 take truck.

1stgenblowingsmoke 04-25-2012 12:16 AM

Go to the main page n scroll to the bottom, you'll find the badlands there. Sounds like maybe you have a bad lift pump. These trucks will run without a lp and without the turbo so that's my guess.

ursoslw4me 04-25-2012 04:55 AM

Thanks 1stgenblowingsmoke: all I got 2 do now is find a GD cummins Mechanic down here in Tampa, Newport richey,springhill Florida area. The truck is used for towing, the racing is done with my car. Not that I wouldn't mind the truck being alot quicker though.lol.. Ttyl

1stgenblowingsmoke 04-25-2012 11:59 AM

Cummins mechanic for what?

ursoslw4me 04-25-2012 06:20 PM

For my truck, I know nothing about diesels. Can't afford to do something wrong to the truck.. or I would try to fix it.

diezeldick 04-25-2012 07:47 PM

the first gen cummins are proly the easiest thing to work on aside of your lawnmower man and these guys on here will help you every step of the way

ursoslw4me 04-25-2012 08:08 PM

Yeah, seems like some very knowledgeable people on here..just would like someone to show me & tell me the rt way to do what needs to b done so I don't mess it up worse. Its hard because I do not have any gauges to see what's going on, & have no manual to refer to look at to even point me in the rt direction. I do not get much time to research after work & everything .. hopefully sum 1 knows sum 1 here in Florida close by that I can see about truck problems. & hopefully learn About the motor etc..

Cummins12Club 04-28-2012 07:23 AM

why is it that everyone who is a so call "diesel mechanic" knows absolutley nothing about these old ve 12 valves? every diesel shop in my area acts like they r so hard to work on and that the p pump is so much easier why is that?

turbo2332 04-28-2012 08:06 AM

the p pump is a 12 valve??? just a different pump, very suttle differences

Cummins12Club 04-28-2012 08:54 AM

rite, but the shops were refferning to ve pump being much harder to work on than the p pumps, just talking pumps here not the engine is self