Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   How to lope??? (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/89137-how-lope.html)

1st_gen_puller 01-07-2012 06:49 PM

well PDP's site says they have them but who knows... Just thought we'd do something cool but guess everyone should do the same thing to their trucks and not do anything thats not ''useful'' huh??? :td:

BC847 01-07-2012 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 1st_gen_puller (Post 839921)
Just thought we'd do something cool but guess everyone should do the same thing to their trucks and not do anything thats not ''useful'' huh??? :td:

Not to be slamming you friend, it's just that asking how to make a CTD lope is like asking how to make more smoke for the sake of blacking out the Sun.

Swapping an aggressive cam in a CTD, won't make it lope like swapping an aggressive cam in a BBC. ;)

People have tried and found it blows.

The thing with going too big with diesel injector lines is the fact that the larger lines are not as ridged as smaller lines. The larger lines are easier to balloon with the injection pressures and that ballooning, albeit subtle, effects the injection event characteristic timing. Makes it run weird and miss ("lope") at idle. This is not to be mistaken for tell-tail signs of a monster engine. :nope:

The 14mm VE H/R (never mind a stock 12mm) will never move enough fuel to see any advantage of larger injection lines. :pca1:

1st_gen_puller 01-07-2012 07:05 PM

Ok..... so.... its an auto... with an h1c... intercooled...my list (for him) lol trans.. 1:good cheap hx 35 to hybrid or a hx 40.. 2:Injectors- who and where should i look?? Last time i searched around to buy some i had pretty much decided on some coaltrains 3: what in the eff are we gonna do about that trans???

Red_Rattler 01-07-2012 07:06 PM

also the larger lines also effects the timing of the motor as well since it takes longer for the fuel to get to the injector and builds the pop pressure slower as well. You can do what you want I'm just telling you when you buy a 500 dollar cam and it still idles smooth as glass your gonna be pissed :D

1st_gen_puller 01-09-2012 02:05 PM

Well he just wanted it too lope... Its just a weekend toy... maybe get groceries sometimes... I'm just looking for answers... I just do what the customer asks... lol but i didn't honestly think he would like it if it could even be done... what do we do with that tranny.... build it???? swap manual?????

ricet07 01-09-2012 02:34 PM

Build it or leave it, if he is only using it once in awhile and not beating the hell out of it then it should be fine. Not sure what mods he has done either.

1st_gen_puller 01-09-2012 02:47 PM

sorry about that.. we're gonna run the trans till it breaks... it will have all the free mods.. timing power screw full throttle adjusted homemade pin..... straightpipe and either POD's or some 5x12's... KDP tabbed.. fresh upper gaskets and head... some porting on the ex. manifold... and eventually a turbo... studs too...

New_Dog_93 01-09-2012 03:59 PM

If he really wants lope tell him to get a gasser 1st Gen with a 360cid. Then stick a lumpy cam in it! It would be way easier and probably cheaper!

1STGENFARMBOY 01-09-2012 06:41 PM

I was gonna keep this a secret, but i guess i will tell ya.:tttt:

i don't know how it will efect the IP but you could put a flasher in line with the FSS, put it on a toggle, when you are at idle turn on the lope switch,:yeah: when you want to go turn it off.:jump:

Dar:hellox:

ricet07 01-09-2012 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by 1STGENFARMBOY (Post 840961)
I was gonna keep this a secret, but i guess i will tell ya.:tttt:

i don't know how it will efect the IP but you could put a flasher in line with the FSS, put it on a toggle, when you are at idle turn on the lope switch,:yeah: when you want to go turn it off.:jump:

Dar:hellox:

Dont think this is going to work but if you want to make a mess trying it, more power to ya. If its not on the same timing as the pump it will just starve the pump of fuel randomly.