Diesel Bombers

Diesel Bombers (https://www.dieselbombers.com/)
-   1st Generation Dodge Cummins 89-93 (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/)
-   -   Wiring Harness For Motor HELP!!!!!!! (https://www.dieselbombers.com/1st-generation-dodge-cummins-89-93/81545-wiring-harness-motor-help.html)

flyingcrodeo 08-20-2011 03:04 PM

Wiring Harness For Motor HELP!!!!!!!

Does anybody know where I could find an aftermarket NEW wiring harness for the motor (everything under the hood) for a 92 W350???? Mine is completly melted and would take me a month to repair if I can ever figure out which wire is what. HELP!!!! :argh:

justanother92 08-21-2011 03:41 PM

I would start checking wrecking yards its gonna be way cheaper that way.

jwirth 08-21-2011 03:56 PM

what part of it burnt up. and how did it get the whole thing. There are a couple companys on line search for (wiring harness repair). I have used one before on a burn vehicle they redid the whole harness and looked just like a factory job. Sorry I can't remember the company think it was wire gap. But I would try there if you have no luck in the junk yards.

flyingcrodeo 08-22-2011 02:27 PM

I have found some at junkyard but their all the same age as the truck im workin on and my luck i could hook it up and it be fine one week and the next it might melt too but it was the alternator wires that melted everything in 3 big sections of the harness and i think i got it all repaired right idk ill see when i hook it back up it was 2 or 3 big blue wires that melted stuff and i think it's the ones related to the alternator i think not sure cuz from the right side of the motor there's 2 blue wires then they split into 3 and 2 go to the same place and 1 goes to a syloniod then the 2 that go to the same place go into 3 and 1 goes one way and the other 2 go the same way so it's kinda weird and i dont know awhole lot about this stuff but i think i got it figured out

kieron_kohlmann 08-23-2011 08:53 PM

I agree. I need a harness too. Those darn blue wires are a nightmare, especially with the lack of good service info available for these trucks. Yesterday I had my blue wire melt down as well. :argh::argh::argh:

jwirth 08-23-2011 11:31 PM

Geno's garage has the service manuals for this trucks for $35-40. On cd best money I spent having a factory manual.

flyingcrodeo 08-23-2011 11:56 PM

Ok im not an electriction but the blue wires...... They keep melting..... Theres 2 of them.... Can i run 4 of them????? Would that keep it from melting? Less power through more wire??? Just an idea cuz i only like bout 30 mins of work on the harness so while i got it out i was gonna see if that would be a good idea

kieron_kohlmann 08-24-2011 12:28 AM

sounds like a short somewhere. The blue wires control just about everything as I'm sure you have found out.

---AutoMerged DoublePost---

Originally Posted by jwirth (Post 790218)
Geno's garage has the service manuals for this trucks for $35-40. On cd best money I spent having a factory manual.

I have Mitchell/AllData, but i think the factory did a poor job of writing a manual for our specific trucks.

flyingcrodeo 08-24-2011 01:12 PM

Yeah and they melt everything too

Begle1 08-24-2011 05:22 PM

The blue wires under the hood are all "Ignition On" voltage; they have power when the key is turned to the "On" position.